Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative G36 Stocks?

Hey everyone,

I have an ARES G36 (I finally bought it!) and I'm looking for some suggestions for an alternative stock. I wouldn't change it but I find that the stock is just a little too long.

I've had a look around but there's clearly a lack of G36 stocks. I did come across a few M4 adaptors that will, supposedly, allow me to use any M4 stock. But, I'm a little sceptical because I was looking at the adaptor and a potential stock and it looked as those the grooves for the stock and the adaptor did not match up. They looked slightly off.

I'm quite fond of the M4 crane stocks that I've seen but I'm not really certain what's out there. And, I'm really not certain if it is as simple as just installing the M4 stock adaptor and then throwing the new stock on the back?

Can anyone provide any suggestions and, perhaps, show some pictures of your G36 stocks? I know you probably can't point me to the exact location to purchase some stocks but if you could show me some pictures and provide me with the stock names I should be able to figure out the rest ...

Thanks very much, in advance.

Re: Alternative G36 Stocks?

Theres the G36 KV Stock as well as the IDZ stock(which will need modifying to fit the Ares). Might be worth checking both out.

Comment

Originally posted by Air got Soft View Post
      Theres the G36 KV Stock as well as the IDZ stock(which will need modifying to fit the Ares). Might be worth checking both out.
      Thanks. I'll have a look and see what I can find on these.

Still looking for other suggestions ...

Comment

I quite like the KV stock and the IDZ stock looks cool. Although, I haven't found anywhere that sells the IDZ stock.

I have come across a G&P Sniper Style Folding Buttstock which I really like the look of. Has anyone fit one of these before? Would I have to make any modifications to fit it on the ARES?

Comment

What ever yuu do, just don't go down the M4 stock route. Anything other than an M4 that's got an M4 stock fitted should be burnt, crushed, burnt again and then burried at sea!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
            What ever yuu do, just don't go down the M4 stock route. Anything other than an M4 that's got an M4 stock fitted should be burnt, crushed, burnt again and then burried at sea!
            That bad? Okay. Well, fortunately, I'm quite interested in the G&P stock I mentioned in my last post ...

I have come across this thread G&P G36 Sniper Style Folding Buttstock - Would it fit an Ares G36? and someone's suggested that it's unlikely it will fit the new ARES G36 (I have their latest model). Does anyone know if I'd be able to easily modify the stock so it did fit?

Comment

are your arms about a foot long? lol i thought i has short arms! but never had an issue with a g36 stock. M16 or thompson on the other hand..

Comment

Originally posted by badger906 View Post
                are your arms about a foot long? lol i thought i has short arms! but never had an issue with a g36 stock. M16 or thompson on the other hand..
                Ha ha ... Well, that's the thing, my arms are actually quite long. But, it just doesn't sit as comfortably as I'd like in the shoulder.

Comment

each to their own but this is mine - M4 stock on

Last edited by rschris; 4 October, 2012, 11:13.

Comment

Why not just fit a stock from a G36c, its a good bit shorter than the standard stock and looks pretty much the same.
                    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                      Why not just fit a stock from a G36c, its a good bit shorter than the standard stock and looks pretty much the same.
                      Devlin, thanks for the suggestions. It had already crossed my mind but I wanted to see what else was available ...

I've just received an email from a supplier of the G&P G36 Sniper Style Stock and they've suggested that it should fit on the latest ARES model. It looks like I may have found my new stock!

rschris - that stock, paired with the hand guard, makes your G36 look angry ...

Comment

you can put the M4 stock on to the G36 without any hassle.

You will need:

M4 adaptor
                        M4 stock tube
                        Stock of choice
                        some approx 6mm thick foam for behind the M4 adaptor to stop movement.
                        Longer screw than normal (think I have some left if you need the right ones)

Then all goes together as easy as above

Comment

The g36k shares the shorter stock with the c varient. Best bet is to buy one of those stocks
                          Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
                          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
                            The g36k shares the shorter stock with the c varient. Best bet is to buy one of those stocks
                            Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
                            I'm fairly sure that the G36k does'nt have the shorter stock.
                            HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

The K has a longer stock than the full length one AFAIK
                              Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

deldalton Find out more about deldalton
                              Working...
                              X