Vtg vs bfgx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vtg vs bfgx

I've decided I quite fancy a granade, I usually spend a tenner each day on piros so thought it makes sense to buy a decent re-usable one.

What's better between the VTG and the BFGX? I understand they're both very new so a search didn't come up with much at all!

Thanks in advance chaps.

Re: Vtg vs bfgx

vtg is the delay type, bfgx is the impact type, there are also 2 others soon to be released that resemble flash bangs in appearance, mk84's or something similar (off the top of my head)

depending on where/how you play each nade has its benefits.

the impact will instantly clear a room, while the delay gives em a few seconds to hide. but you cant get an impact to the end of a long corridor for example
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Yeah I guess I need to decide between impact or delay.

I guess the two mentioned are the ones to go for? I think delay appeals to me more to be honest!

Comment

well the flashband replicas are also impact, just look different.

it really depends on how your gunna use it. at my local there are LONG corridors, which the delay type is great for, and big open rooms, again, great for the delay. at the same time there are lots of small rooms where you just wanna chuck the nade in and not give them an option to hide. it can also be used to booby trap doors and stuff, which can be handy
        For Sale!
        A&K massada sniper spec
        Chronograph

Comment

3 seconds isn't that much time to hide.

And just cook it a little if you want to have the element of surprise.
          Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

3 seconds is enough for "i was behind the wall when it went off, i didnt die". instant boom is instant boom =P
            For Sale!
            A&K massada sniper spec
            Chronograph

Comment

I went for the VTG in the end

Was bloody tempted to order one of the new flashbang BFGX's as well but thought I'd see how I get on with the VTG first!

Comment

My bro had (he lost it already!) a BFGX and was pretty cool

I'd personally prefer a VTG too
                Upcoming Games:
                None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Me and a few mates have rented a 22 bed mansion next weekend in Exeter, this will most definitely be used a lot there

Comment

U playing airsoft there or staying there? Lol
                    Mitch

Comment

Just buying one myself. However, I cant out which calibre ammo does the VTG accept as standard... anyone?
                      AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

Comment

should be 9mm as standard, but they do sell adapters for the vtg (6mm rim fire, 10mm, and remove the adaptor completely for 12gage)

my recommendation for the bfgx is to drill it out to 10mm, but still use 9mm's. makes it ALOT easier to remove the spent cartridge when reloading
                        For Sale!
                        A&K massada sniper spec
                        Chronograph

Comment

Originally posted by frostyairsofter View Post
                          U playing airsoft there or staying there? Lol
                          A bit of both I'd imagine haha

Comment

VTG! I don't own either...yet... I'm gonna get the VTG though, as the bfgx appears to need to be dropped on the top to go off like the dynatec impact grenade, or at least, every vid I have seen of it going off, they drop it on the top not the bottom.

the BFG-m84 looks awesome, and I was assured it will go off if you drop it on either end, not sure about the usefulness of the m84x though, as I don't particularly want a pyro to go off in my hand...

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

10 quid a day is a lot on pyro to spend but i'd rather that than lose a £95 re-usable nade.
                              A friend of mine has 2 of the old BFG's and hardly ever uses them, I think he is scared of losing them, and I really can't blame him. I guess it depends if you play more woodland or CQB but outdoors I wouldn't want to chuck a VTG just incase it hit someone and did some damage, or landed close to someone and ended up in their pocket!

However I would say get the delay type everytime, they are much more versitile. You may not be able to use them as a booby trap in the same way as the impact type, but with a bit of fishing line they can be used as a trip wire style mine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X