Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIS and barrel mounts...

Hey guys. I'm in a dilemma here.

I don't know if I should get a barrel mounted M203 or a RIS one...
    Can I fit the barrel mounted one on my TM SOPMOD M4? Don't want to buy it and find out I can't

Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: RIS and barrel mounts...

you'd have to take the ris off to mount using the barrel mounts, or at least the bottom of the ris. You'd also have to strip the whole front end down, take off the sight and flash hider etc.

Or you could just bolt one on to the bottom ris rail - your choice but it's a bit of a no-brainer really
    WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

All I did on my Dboys M4A1 when I attached a 203 to it was remove the bottom RIS rail, attached the M203 onto the barrel, I didnt need to remove the front sights or Flash hider, it just attached right on.

That was it..

Heres a Picture I look not long after I attached it...

Not the greatest of quality pictures, but it still has 3 RIS rails on there as the PEQ is attached to the side.

Steve
      My Armory:
      ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

RIS mate as you can take off v easily as these things are very heavy and the novlety can wear off in the afternoon :-)
        Armoury:
        - M4-RIS - Sr-25 - G36
        - M4-SPR - Glock18

Rate a Trader Link:
        http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...406#post224406

Comment

Definitely barrel mounted! Maybe it's just me, but I think RIS launchers look ridiculous. Barrel mounted is where it's at! it's not like they take a huge amount of time to take off anyway. Just depends what you like the look of more?

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny View Post
            RIS mate as you can take off v easily as these things are very heavy and the novlety can wear off in the afternoon :-)
            I had one on my M16 - was too heavy after a day or so, and it was a total waste of time for woodland - great for room clearance but naff all use in a wood
            WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kodiak TM gun nut Find out more about Kodiak
            Working...
            X