Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazers?

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the sport and was just pondering whether or not Lazers are worth while? I can see the only really advantage being hip accuracy that is unless you include the looks haha. But for the money/weight etc are they worth it? are they even allowed?

Thanks, Greg

Re: Lazers?

First of all... its Lasers ... with an S.

Not super usable in airsoft as you're not allowed to use it to shine in someone's face. So its mainly used to show positions, use it to signal and using to slightly help with target acquisition.

Depending on what you spend is if its worth it. £20-30 maybe. £100 not really.
    PEQ box is not bad but the super expensive lasers aren't too cost effective.
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Lasers are pointless for aiming in my opinion i just use one as it looks pretty especially in the dark. And it makes people run for cover if you point it on them

Comment

Hey matey
        I have a green laser I got from Hong Kong and if im honest I only use it to light up a target to my team mates, the only draw back is that you give away your position when you use it so its a double edged sword but Iv lost count the amount of kills Iv got (even out of range of my AEG) when I have tagged a person with the laser on their chest and they have just taken the hit lol but hey its down to the individual I guess.
        The range on mine is about 10,000 m so say about 8 miles and when I played at Senny ridge or catterick it was amazing lol but its your call dude.
        Also mine is a low enough power that it does no damage at all to anything,(i got it on ebay)
        hope this helps dude
        have a good one stenny

Comment

Problem with green lasers is the range. A lot of outdoor sites will not allow them due to low flying planes, flight paths etc.

Comment

the problem with the green lasers is that the eye doesnt blink quickly enough to not cause retinal damage, theres a bucket load of stuff on wiki about lasers etc.

most sites dont allow green lasers, check with your site owner before hand though, i know that the f&o sites I marshal at have a no green laser policy, no red lasers over 5mw and no being a nobber with one and using it to dazzle other players
            http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
            airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

It's also illegal to purchase anything over 1mW withing the UK... although nothing is stupidly stopping someone from importing.

Comment

lasers over 1mw are stupid?
                http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

I use my red laser for CQB only shooting from the hip,that way I can shoot one handed whilst waving or messing with kit,BFG,etc...
                  I was stopped using it on sunday because someone said they saw it shining at them...
                  I've never purposely shined it in anyones eyes and I've never been stopped from using it before,the Mall did say not to continually shine at the face.

Comment

If I had some night vision kit I'd look into non-visible lasers for target acquisition and marking, alas I don't have thousands to blow on some rather pretty but limited in use night vision. Though I do have a couple of buddies in Afghanistan with a request to try and trade kit they've brought out (and paid for themselves) for American NOD. Apparently they'll happily trade expensive kit away for a bunch of cap badges, berets, flags etc because of the US kit policy. xD

Or for that laser activated claymore, that'd be fun.
                    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                    Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Originally posted by Tariq182 View Post
                      Not super usable in airsoft as you're not allowed to use it to shine in someone's face.
                      In all fairness you shouldn't be shining it in someone's face anyway. There is no reason to as you should be aiming at centre mass and not the head, that's how teeth get chipped and tempers get lost.

I got told off at my last F&O game for shining a torch at a marshal :O. He walked around a corner and I instinctively shone a light at him to see if he was the enemy, I seen the reflective jacket glow and lowered my pistol and turned off the light, it must have taken me a whole second or 2 to go through that motion. and I still got told off, they would have a shit fit if you shone a laser at one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrisianspirit View Post
                        If I had some night vision kit I'd look into non-visible lasers for target acquisition and marking
                        That would be dangerous. If you were to shine it in someone's face, accidentally or otherwise, they'd have no blink response and it could do damage.

Comment

I have a red one on the MP5, worth spending £20 odd quid IMO.

Comment

Using a PEQ in places like the mall makes sense, for outdoor woodland play? No not worth it. I've got a RS PEQ that I always use at the mall, just because it makes split second shots where you haven't got a chance to aim much quicker and easier. Not only that it's great to intimidate the enemy with, as soon as you shine it on their leg they scarper giving you a chance to move or just surpress.

Comment

When I was at the Mall although they said avoid the eyes I presume they mean sustained.
                              A lot of the people at the Mall just stick their head around the corners so the odd laser to eye is going to happen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GreyWolfAirSoft Find out more about GreyWolfAirSoft
                              Working...
                              X