Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Has anyone taken RIFs on domestic flights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone taken RIFs on domestic flights?

I know the title may sound like I'm asking to get tazed, but in seriousness, if I wanted to go to scotland from down south I really don't want to be doing road or rail. Is there a procedure for flying domestically with a RIF?

Re: Has anyone taken RIFs on domestic flights?

just walk into the airport with it in hand, the staff will take good care of you and they'll be very friendly and nice.
    The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Really? Wicked, will do that. I'll be sure to thank you when I'm on the six o'clock news.

Comment

When i travel on the ferry i have to mention it at time of booking and they fill out a carriage of weapons form. (code 100 for DFDS Seaways) It adds 2 minutes to the booking process and costs nothing extra...

I would do the same thing if i were going to fly. Call the bookings people, explain that you have life like replicas and ask what their procedure is.

At the very least i would expect them to tell you something along the lines of:
        Turn up early
        Go to security / outsize baggage
        Allow them to inspect
        Package up in a locked case
        Wave goodbye until in the collections area
        Expect a delay incase they do it all again at the other end.

If you have any GBB mags they will throw the mother of all hissy fits if they have gas in them - pressurised propane in a non-pressurised cargo hold..........

Comment

Exactly as loki has said. I was looking this up, thinking of trying some airsoft abroad :P
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

you have to contact the AIRLINE you plan on going with first, then the airport explaining that you are a airsoft player and that it is a toy gun, RIF, also it needs to be in a hardcase and put into the baggage area.
            Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Check with the airline BEFORE you book anything as many of the low cost airlines have carriage exclusions that include RIFs, I asked the jet2 team when I flew on holiday as it had crossed my mind and they won't carry them at all :-0 it's one there terms and conditions even for hold luggage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You need a suitable and approved hard case as well.

I have one for each of my guns, mine are made by Shotboxes if you wanted to have a look. Usually around £100 for the small one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Figjam Find out more about Figjam
                Working...
                X