Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Skirmish Must haves

Hi all

ive had airsoft guns for a number of years from pistols to snipers. ive now setteled on guns which i like and suit me slightly. but im going to my first skirmish.

my kit list containers:
    boots, trousers, shirt.

pistol holster, vest, bb quick loader, half face mask and glasses.

have a WE colt pistol

and a custom m4. but only 1 High cap. it has an acog style scope also.

is there anything else i should have as a must, and anything you would advise.

any small bits anything would be great.

Re: First Skirmish Must haves

Fun?

Food & drink including easy to eat snacks. Whatever style you play, you need to keep fuelled & hydrated.

Assuming your M4 is an AEG, is your battery big enough to run all day? do you have a spare or a way to charge it if it gets low (some sites can charge batteries).

Also, some good quotes to shout as you charge an objective
    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

you definitely need bb's! more than a few preferably

Comment

Originally posted by Genista View Post
        Also, some good quotes to shout as you charge an objective
        That is a Must!

Nothing beats raising your rubber bayonet in the air and shouting "for frodo"! before storming at the enemy.
        Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

I'd recommend some sort of cap/head protection - bloody hurts when you get hit in the forehead

Comment

Gloves, something that still allows you to get a finger on the trigger but think enough to protect knuckles.

Comment

Hi
              i would invest a tenner in a flak jacket , they are thick and take the sting out of being shot

Comment

Balls.

Comment

make sure you've got a good reputable brand eye pro, not those cack Daisy ones where the lenses fall out if it.
                  The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by simonob View Post
                    Hi all

ive had airsoft guns for a number of years from pistols to snipers
                    . ive now setteled on guns which i like and suit me slightly. but im going to my first skirmish.

my kit list containers:
                    boots, trousers, shirt.

pistol holster, vest, bb quick loader, half face mask and glasses.

have a WE colt pistol

and a custom m4. but only 1 High cap. it has an acog style scope also.

is there anything else i should have as a must, and anything you would advise.

any small bits anything would be great.
                    Is it safe to assume the guns you own were all bought pre VCRA or are 2-Tone? As although you've owned them for a number of years, you've never skirmished?? Might I ask why?
                    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                      Is it safe to assume the guns you own were all bought pre VCRA or are 2-Tone? As although you've owned them for a number of years, you've never skirmished?? Might I ask why?
                      Some people just like having these kind of guns. I bought my first TM Desert Eagle pre-VCRA when I was 17 and I had so much fun with it that I decided to go skirmishing. Sometimes the guns make the player play the game :]
                      Also done a load of private sales without VCRA or UKARA, as it doesn't apply to them. At that time though I already owned quite a substantial amount of airsoft guns and I had turned 18.

What I'm getting at is don't worry about what guns he has or how he got them, he wants to join us in the wonderful world of airsoft :]

If you've got everything you need for your first skirmish bud. Go and have fun and if there's anything you want afterwards, get it!

Comment

I owned airsoft guns for ages in Sweden with no skirmishing. Because I like weapons and at that age I could not get "real" ones. The only skirmish site I knew about was in the other side of the country and seemed well expensive.

As for essentials. Eyes and teeth properly covered. I do not recommend a scarf to cover your face, even if it works at home when you try it on, at the field it gets hot and moist in no time.

and yea, always have an extra battery, sucks not to be able to play because of battery failure... same for magazine really (spec as m4 mags are cheap as chip).
                        my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

Water. You'll need it.

Comment

Face protection!

At minimum, good quality eye protection, but i always suggest full face for two reasons:
                            1. Having seen people lose their teeth, i decided it's not for me
                            2. I'm a big girl's blouse and don't like getting shot in the face - it hurts!

Other than that, you seem to have it all covered. A spare magazine wouldn't hurt though. And a sense of humour... you are gonna need that!

And Haribo - ALWAYS need Haribo.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                              Water. You'll need it.
                              never had water to an airsoft game. tea at lunch break is obligatory thou!
                              my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simonob Find out more about simonob
                              Working...
                              X