Lipo in an ICS R.I.S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipo in an ICS R.I.S

Making the jump over to lipo and want to know if you can fit a small lipo battery into an ICS m4 RIS? or will I have to get it rear wired for a stock tube lipo?

Re: Lipo in an ICS R.I.S

General rule of thumb: A lipo will be smaller than a nimh of equivalent voltage (rounded up to the nearest nimh cell), though check measurements as some may be made in an awkward shape :P
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

a 1500mah stock tube lipo, is far small both in height width and thickness compared to that of a sub c type nimh battery. So will more than easily fit in a hand guard/RIS

Comment

the battery im looking at is a 7.4V 800mAh 20C+ so im guessing it would be pretty small then.

Comment

I use 800mah 11.1V Lipo's in my ICS CXP. They fit in the handguard after a bit of filing so an 7.4 800mah should fit in a M4 with ease.

.....I file the gun not the LiPo

Comment

800mah is quite small. Does it last long?
            Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
            Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

I'd say a good 1200 bb's with my 11.1v 800mah. Easily enough for half a day then change at lunch.

Comment

only downside to a 800mah 20c lipo is that it can only supply a constant current of 16amp, if your motor draws more than that then you could get a hot battery, and an undesired slower than usual RoF.

Comment

19 BB's per second on my M4 and it's fine for bursts.

Comment

thanks guys. Ive ordered one so hopefully it fits if not ill have to rear wire.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mack Im Mark from Lurgan,Co. Ard Mhacha in Ireland, Find out more about mack
                    Working...
                    X