Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap gun cam?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any cheap gun cams, nothing fancy just something to strap to my gun to record a couple of games?

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Cheap gun cam?

Hi, welcome to the forum

Try looking for the md80. Cheap chinese clones but my 1 works and it was under a £10 delivered and does pretty good footage. Bear in mind on a gun if you are moving about aiming at the floor, thats what your footage will be of. Thats why a lot of people rig them up to helmets and stuff. I have recorded one game when it was attached to my rig, good enough quality but it only pointed where my chest was, which generally wasn't where the action was.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll have a look at that and thanks for the advice on positioning.

Comment

ive got one you can have for a tenner.
        ill even throw in a 2 gig card.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

i had this dilemma earlier in the week, was looking at ones on the bay, for like £30.. and then came to the conclusion that my gun only faces the action when im shooting people the rest of the time its on a sling, so i looked at helmet cams.. and before i knew it id ordered a gopro.. i thought i got it at a cheap price ha!

Comment

I bought it for £14 and only used i once before i bought a contour HD!

Comment

Originally posted by badger906 View Post
              i had this dilemma earlier in the week, was looking at ones on the bay, for like £30.. and then came to the conclusion that my gun only faces the action when im shooting people the rest of the time its on a sling, so i looked at helmet cams.. and before i knew it id ordered a gopro.. i thought i got it at a cheap price ha!
              same problem with me. my videos were ground for 20 - 30 secs then 2 - 3 secs up aim 2 - shots and back down to lovely leaves and ground.... i dont like helmets so that is out....

Comment

Look at the Tony Hawkes helmet cam then search for clones.
                They use std AAA batteries so you don't need to recharge the unit and SD memory cards so you have no limits on recording time if you have a plethora of batteries and cards.
                They can be easily mounted on the side of an AEG with the helmet strap supplied and the picture quality is suprisingly good.

Comment

Originally posted by krowz View Post
                  same problem with me. my videos were ground for 20 - 30 secs then 2 - 3 secs up aim 2 - shots and back down to lovely leaves and ground.... i dont like helmets so that is out....
                  i have a head mount for my gopro lol you can wear it under a hat, fits nice and snug, leaves a weird pattern on my forehead though lol

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv8Et...re=context-cha

i use the £60 HD bullet camera from maplins, with a samsung 16gig 10speed card, battery lasts 2.5 hours and card lasts 2.5 hours,
                    the files are split into 20min and 2 gig files so youtube happy

Comment

This is what i use -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veho-VCC-003...0475253&sr=8-1

and here is some of my footage -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbyKb...&feature=g-upl
                      . . . . . . . . . GET SOME!!! . . . . . . . .
                      TM P90/ G&G M4 CHOINE (WHITE M4 INNIT!) / KSC G18C / TM G17 / WE G18C / WE 1911 MEHICO DRUGLORD

Comment

Same as the md80.

Comment

you didnt pay £38 for that did you?
                          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Those are around £10,whilst the helmet cams are around £20.
                            I've had both and I did prefer the helmet cam,it is bigger but it had it's advantages.
                            The Mini DV is a bit fiddly,"hold the button to activate standy by,press again to start recording,hold it longer to delete" etc,etc.
                            And also the fact that it has a limit record due to it being rechargeable only,it worked well on my bike.
                            The hemet cam is alround better IMHO due to the fact it is "mount-friendly on an AEG,uses batteries so can run for as long as your batteries and cards permit.
                            I have footage from both I'll see if I can find them,they are very similar in quality anyway.
                            I think I comes down to where you want to mount it,on an AEG/head/helmet=helmet cam,flat against your body,pocket flap,vest,etc=mini dv.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Scotty1207 Find out more about Scotty1207
                            Working...
                            X