Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Need advice on AEG's (in particular the JG AUG + DE M901C)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on AEG's (in particular the JG AUG + DE M901C)

I have now been skirmishing for a month or two and i recently got a feel of the JG Steyr AUG, which i thought felt fantastic and far better than what i currently use (DE m901c, Ak47-u) however i never got a chance to actually use it.

Has anyone used both guns? or either one? I would like an honest opinion of how they stack up against each other and more expensive AEG's. I was told when buying my m901c (£100 brand new with warranty) was the cheapest gun i could use in skirmishes while still being able to compete.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by CHorner; 15 October, 2012, 17:13. Reason: Title change

Re: Need advice on AEG's (in particular the JG AUG + DE M901C)

I've never used the DE but i had a JG Aug A3 which was a really good gun after i swapped out the hop for a metal one and put in a tight bore.Just a little heavy up front but depending on which version your talking about,this might not be a problem.JG's also are a little hot as standard so may need to swap out the spring.
    sigpic

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and scream and shout!

Comment

augs are lovely untill you fall and break the magwell good thing compleat stocks come up on ebay all the time

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

JG AUG are awesome they are still the best feeling guns to shoulder I have had, very good value for money and have very good performance. Are perfect for a starter gun and can be upgraded if you feel the need to later. I highly recommend them

Comment

I loved my AUG when I had it. If I knew what I know now, I would still have it! As above though, slap in a G&P metal hop unit, up/down grade it to around 330fps and you're onto a winner.

Mine had several confirmed 60m kills, which is quite impressive for something that only cost me £100 second hand!
          The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ppl have always told meethe gnp hop was crap?

meddy

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

The G&P hop unit is a better quality hop unit than the standard JG one by far. The results of fitting one with a tight bore speak for themselves, it changes what was already a good gun into a potentially great gun. Wish i could have kept mine
              Attached Files
              sigpic

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and scream and shout!

Comment

Speaking from a point of ignorance here, with regards to the Aug but can a hop unit really be that bad? If so, could you explain what's wrong with it? In my experience the hop unit itself is one of the very last parts to need upgrading...

Comment

To be honest,i changed the hop unit and barrel at the same time so the increase in accuracy could have been either or both together. I did find it easier to set the G&P hop and get it set just right though.
                  sigpic

Comment

While I'm not a great fan of the AUG, itself, JG make damned good guns for the money and are a major step up from your current gun, see what else is about too, from JG, the g36 is a favourite of mine, and their M4s are very nice too, (not much wrong with the AUG either).
                    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

For £100 you could have bought a G&G Combat Machine, surely? That's a highly effective gun, and from a named brand that offer a warranty, too...

Comment

when it comes to the AUG, there is only one to be had. TM High Cycle... EPIC

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                          For £100 you could have bought a G&G Combat Machine, surely? That's a highly effective gun, and from a named brand that offer a warranty, too...
                          I'm sorry, i'm just not fond of that gun, i dont really know why but i just dont like it!

However my m901c is actually a very good gun, the main problem is now i have my ukara whereas before i didnt and so my m901c is two tone....gave me away hiding in bushes just too much (bright orange -_-).

Anyone fancy explaining the differences between the A2 and A3 Steyr AUG? I'm a bit confused except for well the A3 is better?

Comment

the a2 has a raised rail to mount a sight on. the a3 has a full ris rail set. internals ect are the same

Comment

Thread hijack! - Whilst people are mentioning AUG's and their hop units... I've just purchased a scs nub as well as a couple of different rubbers. Can't see any general consensus on the internet that there is anything wrong with the plastic hop, or anything which makes the metal one more effective. Can anyone honestly confirm there is a difference? - BTW I have 2x AUG's now, in love with both of them, so easy to aim. Big lover of the A1 though, the scope is lush!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CHorner Find out more about CHorner
                              Working...
                              X