X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mauser sniper rifle

hi, ive been looking at the mauser SR
    lately. and heres the thing:

it is 2 joules, therefore it is an air rifle and dosent need two tone.
    BUT...
    would i be able to take it to a skirmish anywhere?
    because, it dosent need to be two tone because its 2 j, but would it then be an " air rifle" at a skirmish.... therefore being banned?

my point is...
    i CAN get a black mauser, should i?
    and is it a good gun?

please leave information for both the queries.
    thanks
    Shadowhunter

Re: mauser sniper rifle

Isn't 500 fps air rifle ground? I've seen those and higher used at skirmishes. I recommend you contact Grounded_Pilot. I think he's selling one of those.

Comment

you could buy it non 2 tone.. then change the spring so it brings it down to a joule

Comment

Its a gray area when it comes down to snipers.

Personally I would play it safe and get a Two Tone or use a rental until your registered and then buy a RIF.

Steve
        My Armory:
        ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

Is it the Cybergun Mauser SR by any chance? This I believe is Manufactured by Well as the G23.

Cybergun dont make their own guns, they obtain the licenses for the trades from the real steel manufacturers, and then farm out the work to the like, of CYMA,JG,Well etc.

It may pay you to actually hold and handle one before parting with cash as, depending on who actually manufactured it, the construction could be of dubious quality.

Since it is single shot and bolt cocking I believe it would be legal to buy. But I suspect you would either be buying from an online toy retailer or an airgun shop as I dont think any respectable online airsoft shop or physical shop would sell you one without defence anyway.

I myself have seen this for sale in my Hometown when on a visit up there. It was on sale in a fishing/sports shop and all they were asking was proof of age and address.
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I was sold a high power single shot by a registered firearms dealer, before I got my UKARA, and he confirmed that it is totally legal as this is an airgun and therefore an actual firearm, not a imitation firearm.

BUT, as it's a sale of an airgun, firearms act laws apply, so the sale cannot be by post and you must be over 18 and no gifting is allowed. Also, some sites do not allow higher power just because the gun is not full auto.
            sigpic

Comment

I totally agree Rockin, The thing though is some Airsoft guns sold by reputable airsoft retailers, are in the airgun/firearm bracket but they will still not sell to anyone without defence.

I may have been mistaken about the gun type he wants, the G23 is the Cybergun mauser pro tactical. The SR is the L96 version.

Either way it seems weird that it is an airsoft but can be purchased so easily.

I think the Cybergun marketing strategy has a lot to do with this as I notice not many airsoft sites stock their guns, but I have seen them on numerous occasions in sporting/fishing/hunting shops.
              Feedback link

Comment

Originally posted by shadowhunter View Post
                hi, ive been looking at the mauser SR
                lately. and heres the thing:

it is 2 joules, therefore it is an air rifle and dosent need two tone.
                BUT...
                would i be able to take it to a skirmish anywhere?
                because, it dosent need to be two tone because its 2 j, but would it then be an " air rifle" at a skirmish.... therefore being banned?

my point is...
                i CAN get a black mauser, should i?
                and is it a good gun?

please leave information for both the queries.
                thanks
                Shadowhunter
                I have this gun. i have a thread on my review on it.:D
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32738

it's a great gun, and im actually thinking of selling mine for less than retail price brand new once it has been fixed by Cybergun.

i have only seen this gun in black. air rifles don't comply with UKARA and don't have to be two toned.

and im sure skirmish sites would let you use it! it's still a bolt action, and many rifles go 450fps+ !!

it isn't as high powered as many think. it's only 460fps -ish w/ 0.2g BBs but it has NO accuracy!!
                i use 0.3g BBs as it still has 390fps and is easy headshot accuracy!:D

btw, im not UKARA reg. and it gives me no problems.

Pm me if you are interested in buying it from me. but i can only have pickup as it will cost a bloody fortune to ship legally..!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
                  and im sure skirmish sites would let you use it! it's still a bolt action, and many rifles go 450fps+ !!
                  All depends on the site your playing at. One reason I sold mine was that the nearest site to me has a maximum 350fps rule, as engagement ranges all tend to be close.

OP, check with the sites you want to play at before buying, just to be sure.
                  sigpic

Comment

yes, but if you're going to buy a sniper rifle, you're going to be looking to use it in wider space, like woodlands.:p

CQB with sniper!!! use the bang rule like it's going out of fashion!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL

Not CQB, but a mixture of smallish woodland, open spaces and buildings. Some areas are big enough for a 20m or 30m engagement rule, but most aren't. Snipers tend to stay just out of accurate AEG range and drop shots into the buildings, or sit back from the windows, shooting out.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think also you will find that neither Mauser nor Cybergun make this gun. Cybergun obtain the licenses from real steel manufacturers.They then contract out to Chinese Airsoft manufacturers to make their guns and rebox them in their own packaging.

I think you will find the pro tactical is the Well G23 and the SR is the Warrior L96. They are just repackaged and because they have legally obtained the licenses can put the trades on them.
                        Feedback link

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowhunter Find out more about shadowhunter
                        Working...
                        X