Different advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different advice needed

Okay, morning all, need some advice that are related to different topics, so anyway, payday is coming up for me, and I'm looking to splash a bit of it on my favourite hobby with toy guns ;-).
    First thing, got a pistol/shotgun game coming up, I have a shotgun, but it's a bit of a swiss cheese, so would you guys all be so kind and recommend me a good starter pistol or first pistol to get that won't leave me on the streets after paying for it, and a reasonably priced drop leg/belt holster to go with, and thirdly what gas to use with it? Also preferably with a rail in front of the trigger guard for a little torch/laser, so a recommendation for a pistol torch/laser would be helpful too. And what lube to buy for the gun? Would abey gun grease be sufficient?
    Second thing, I want to get a hard case for my guns, I have an M4, a sawn off pump action shotgun, and hopefully, a pistol will be joining the armoury, but a hard case that's cheap, but won't break if I fart on it.
    Third thing, my M4 is firing at 300fps, I want to bump it up to the 350/360 mark as I play woodland and want that little bit more sting over range so people feel shots first time as I don't like using full auto.

Thanks for looking guys, sorry if I've put topics in one thread that are too different, didn't wanna spam the forums..

Steve
    Originally posted by Coz
    If you fart, take a chrono reading
    Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle.

Certa Cito

Re: Different advice needed

One more thing, I haven't got much money to be spending, so cheap as possible without wasting money please guys

Steve
    Originally posted by Coz
    Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle.

Certa Cito

Comment

TM P226(E2) KWA P226R PTP, WE P226.

All three should run nicely on propane and not cop out with a rail infront of the trigger guard, preference in that order. I have no idea regarding holsters though (except TM may be a bit off in dimensions from RS). You'll also want to get some silicon grease (abbey is silicon I think) and perhaps some teflon grease too.

Regarding hard cases, SRC makes some cheaply if you want to look them up.
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Keeping on the Sig route.
        In order of cost (new); WE P226R (£100ish), KJW P226R (£100), TM P226(E2) (£130), KWA P226R PTP (£130 but mags are like gold dust)
        In order of preference; KWA P226R PTP, TM P226(E2), WE P226R, KJW P226R.

As for a holster for it try a viper dropleg, cheap and cheerful but does the job or you could look at a serpa clone from HK. Mine cost me about £25.

Gas; all the above should handle green with ease... which also means you could use propane remembering to lube up every now and then.

Don't worry about upping the fps, replace the standard three first; barrel+hop unit+rubber. Also read this thread if you want people to feel their hits a bit more.
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?178265-Blood

Comment

I've had a look round at the SRC cases, but I have found this one instead, think I'll go for this one... http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=4743
          and psirus, I'm happy with the hop, got a G&G and the hop is stable and consistent, I Just need a bit more power to push the .25's and .30's out a bit more
          -Steve
          Originally posted by Coz

Certa Cito

Comment

For the pistol:

Anything made by TM
            Anything made by KWA that has System 7 in the title or is a Glock
            Anything made by KJ
            Anything made by WE that was in the last year

Run them all on Green, unless it is very warm out in which case run the TMs on Ultra.

In terms of what one, well look at the top three guns you like the look of then work your way down the list above starting with the TMs and see if they have the guns you like. Then learn some basic gas gun maintenance and go and buy it.

As for the M4, why do you want it firing 350-360, which is the limit or above the limit of most sites? If they are not feeling your hits gets closer, if not again get closer, third time then call them out for cheating. FPS isn't needed, training and getting up close is. Failing that put heavier ammo, like .25s or even .28s in your gun.

'FireKnife'
            68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I use .25s and I do get closer, just annoying when we're defending (always get put on defending team for some reason o.O) and I can't really go out to get them, just love having decent range in my gun, and I play at phoenix woodland, AEG's are allowed 350fps +/- up to 370fps (don't know the percentage) and I was thinking a WE, seen some reviews by a certain scottish epic airsofter on youtube, and they seem legit. But regarding the M4, if I get close enough to pop them with my shotgun (300fps) then I will do, I don't like shooting people at close range anyway, hate causing un necessary pain, so I always go for centre mass where the place carriers/combat vests etc are, if I see people purposely not taking hits, and I'm 100% sure that they're cheating (backed up by others saying they're cheating as well) then I go for exposed areas (arms, neck, hands, face) I'm not an A*** but, cheating narks me off! Thanks for the advice so far everyone!
              -Steve
              Originally posted by Coz

Certa Cito

Comment

The thigh is good spots too, stings like a bitch but is a good size and is unlikely to cause any injuries, just a bleeder or two.
                Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Then maybe you do need to call out those that are cheating. As a 300fps .25 shot at effective AEG range is bound to be noticed. Upping it to 350 isn't really going to help much and will lead to inconsistencies unless you pay for more parts to fix and match these. As you said you wanted to spend little then train, it costs sod all, except maybe petrol money to drive to a private bit of land you can borrow etc. It is not a dig at you but it is amazing how many people forget the simplest thing that they can about airsoft, training costs nothing, it makes you a better player and gives you a chance to lose weight / keep fit and not spend out cash you don't need to.

As for the pistols, just look at the three you like then work down the list, TM first, the KWA, then KJ and finally WE (unless it is a 1911/2011, ignore the WE ones). Run them on Green, can't really go wrong.

'FireKnife'
                  68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                  Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I think I'm gonna go for a KJW P226R, my mate has one for £100 with 3 mags, and some gas, thanks for the help and that part guys, any decent rail mounted torches for the pistol? Or should I dip into Z1's own torch?
                    -Steve
                    Originally posted by Coz

Certa Cito

Comment

All the advice above is great But for a hard case, take a look on google at the "flambeau hard gun cases" You can buy a double gun case, with egg shell lining and solid plastic outer for £50. And smaller ones from about £30.

I had one, recently sold it with my M14. Very good case!!

As for torches, I have an "Ultra Fire" torch and highly recommend! Retails very cheaply, but is darn good!! Has 5 modes: Dim, Med, Bright, strobe, SOS. Brilliant shining capabilities and great battery life!
                      sigpic

Comment

TM 1911 (any model) and then the Fobus EMC holster (£20) goes on a belt and will allow you to use a torch on the pistols rail. and one you get used to it you can draw the pistol pretty quickly.
                        EDIT: Lookup the ASG Super Xenon. its an M3 clone and i spent £15 on mine
                        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, helping a lot! Much appreciated!
                          -Steve
                          Originally posted by Coz

Certa Cito

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stevensniper I prefer to take my time and be accurate in airsoft, but sometimes you can't beat a good ol' rush ;) Find out more about stevensniper
                          Working...
                          X