Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replica MICH helmets

Hi Guys,

Im looking for an OD replica Mich 2002. There are plenty of places that sell them in the US and Japan/China at a range of prices from $20-$60.

The sizes I have seen state "to fit 60-64cm head". My head is 58cm round and doesnt want a helmet thats to big plonked on it.

What experience to people have with these? does one size really fit all?

Also any recommended websites would be gladly received via PM.

Thanks all.

Re: Replica MICH helmets

It depends on the quality of the inner. If it is a cheap and nasty inner it will fall apart in no time and then you lid will be falling off all day
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

The proplem is I will not know if its a good lining before I buy it :S

Comment

depending on the site or shop you are looking at they sometimes show an upside down pic of the helmet. Looking at a pic of the materials can give you an idea of how good, and how adjustable they are.

I just checked on a well known auction site and some look really ropey whereas others look almost the real deal.
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I bought one of them replicas, have two now, a 2000 and 2002.

The insides weren't bad they had like memory foam pads in them. The straps are ok but the plastic buckles would properly snap if pulled really hard so you just have to be careful with them.

All i did too was replace it all with real deal stuff of eBay like straps and pads.

Comment

thx madmax

Comment

if you do buy one thats a bit loose, you could always add some padding to it yourself to make a snugger fit, Im pretty sure you can buy velcro backed cycling helmet foam padding inserts from halfords, stick some velcro on the inside of your helmet and bingo, job done.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniper34d Find out more about sniper34d
              Working...
              X