Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold weather pistol

Anybody can give me a little advice?

Currently have a kwa glock 19 with metal slide and as the weather sets in I'm wondering if ill need to get a different pistol due the cold?

Cheers

Re: Cold weather pistol

KWA are generally quite good in the cold for metal slided pistols especially the newer ns2 models. My kwa glock 17 works in the cold but obviously not that well, get pretty bad gas efficiency.

If you decide to get a new pistol I would advice looking at tokyo Marui as they are plastic slided so work great in the cold. I think the gbb pistol that works the best in the cold is the tm fn-57, I would highly reccomend one of these although the looks aren't to everyones taste

Comment

KWA / TM are the best winter guns , fn-57 from TM or a KWA glock would probably be your best bets so you're sorted already.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Ra-tech co2 glock mags would sort your problem

Comment

Or just run propane or a simmilar higher powered gas.

My KWA P226 lasted well in the freezing cold, although was only at 200fps.
          Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Personaly i use my co2 1911 in the winter and if im at a site which doesnt allow co2 i carry a shotgun.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - My Youtube channel.

Comment

CO2 pistols all the way.

Much less affected by cool down and the ambient temperature.

There is now CO2 pistols on the market that are regulated and site safe...
              KJW Hi capa (i use one of those)
              Beretta M9 (i think it is an ASG re-brand) but it could be a KJW too
              And i hear there are others too.

Comment

KJW do a co2 1911, co2 M92 and a co2 High capa. Plus you have the Den Wesson revolvers and im sure ive missed some.

Comment

The Dan Wessons are really hot out of the box - circa 500fps for the long barreled versions. You can get the power down shells but i hear they are hit and miss.

I can only say for certainty about the hi-capa as i have one, mine fires consistently between 300 and 320 regardless of outside temp.

The cheapest option for the OP though is to invest in some some of the RA-tech CO2 mags for the same results.

Comment

just to put a curve ball in here,

ASG do a mac11 AEP, had a play with it last week when yosser was reviewing it. bit plasticy but has a great rof and nice range. comes with a 400rnd high cap magazine, battery charger mock silencer all for £80-£100

if your after a weapon that WILL work when you need it in winter, but it very light, then i would go for this. if not for the simple reason that for the £80 odd yo spend, you only need 1 mag.
                    For Sale!
                    TM M870 with a load of stuff
                    A&K massada sniper spec
                    Chronograph
                    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

The ASG Skorpions are also very good. Picked one up myself recently. Very much like the Mac11 above, but fits very nicely in an MP9 drop leg holster... Also for around the £80-£100
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
                        The Dan Wessons are really hot out of the box - circa 500fps for the long barreled versions. You can get the power down shells but i hear they are hit and miss.

I can only say for certainty about the hi-capa as i have one, mine fires consistently between 300 and 320 regardless of outside temp.

The cheapest option for the OP though is to invest in some some of the RA-tech CO2 mags for the same results.
                        Thats interesting as ive never had a proble with the 1j shells and i own a 2.5inch and a 8 inch dan wesson and several sets of shells.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Stephen View Post
                          just to put a curve ball in here,

ASG do a mac11 AEP, had a play with it last week when yosser was reviewing it. bit plasticy but has a great rof and nice range. comes with a 400rnd high cap magazine, battery charger mock silencer all for £80-£100

if your after a weapon that WILL work when you need it in winter, but it very light, then i would go for this. if not for the simple reason that for the £80 odd yo spend, you only need 1 mag.
                          These are rubbish from my experience - you might as well grab a handfull of BBs and throw them at someone - or use a pea shooter. There is a reason they are only £80

Comment

A KWA or TM pistol, running Green will be fine.

Unless you live up in the very cold parts of the UK either of these should be fine.

'FireKnife'
                            68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I have a couple of TM Glock AEPs and other than their mediocre fps they make great backups - they hold a decent amount of bbs and you can get three spare mags in a standard mag pouch.
                              Growing old is mandatory
                              Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
                              It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The colonel Find out more about The colonel
                              Working...
                              X