WE P226 Holster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE P226 Holster

Ok, I bought a Blackhawk CQC holster for my WE P226, naturally thinking it'd fit. It turns out it doesn't! Does anyone know of any moulded holsters - fobus or serpa - that will actually fit the WE Sig?

Thanks!

Re: WE P226 Holster

Is it a genuine Blackhawk as I've got an original and a dytac clone, the clone feels a slight bit looser fit on my 226ptp. If not have you looked at a Safariland (or clone).

Comment

It was a genuine Blackhawk. I don't know whether the dimensions of the WE are slightly off, but there was absolutely no way it was fitting!

Comment

did you find a solution to this mate?

Comment

a gnunblackhawk does fit a we removete tesio adjust screw and put it in a bowl of boilingwater for 5 mins and the gun will slide in and out with ease!! :D

Comment

does that actually work? will it dry remolded around the gun?

Comment

Originally posted by The Goat View Post
              does that actually work? will it dry remolded around the gun?
              It does, I used the oven for an IMI holster.

Obviously take the gun out, whack the oven on for 15-20 mins at its highest, turn it off, put your holster on a plate and drop it in the oven for a couple of mins then take it out and I used spacers to open the holster up, you could use the gun itself I suppose.(without a mag in ) worked a treat for mine.

Comment

awesome ill give it a go, ta

Comment

Used boiling water to better mould my blackhawk to my WE M92. Was a bit tight but works perfect now.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2
                  "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

FYI, WE 226 is bad for dimensions so any moulded holster will need modding in this fashion to fit.

Should have bought a KWA

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

tried to boil it in water for 5 mins, loosened it a little but not enough now its cold again its tight as fook, gonna try tonight for longer, any other advice?

Comment

Cook it....lol

Seriously if you use some form of spacing instead of the gun itself and leave it long enough it will keep its new form.

Comment

The spot where they bind is along the top of the slide. The two edges are less rounded off than on the real gun so you need to file away a channel for each one.

I did it quite simply by offering the gun up to the holster and marking the points where the top edges of the slide made contact with a crayon. I then heated up a long screwdriver and melted away two channels down the inside of the holster. After I gauged I'd melted away roughly enough, I ran a rough round file down the channels to smooth it out. My WE226R now fits in my genuine Blackhawk holster perfectly.

Putting it on the oven may work in some instances, but you need to stretch the holster's material in the instance here, plus you run the risk of distorting other vital areas if you heat the whole thing up.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                            The spot where they bind is along the top of the slide. The two edges are less rounded off than on the real gun so you need to file away a channel for each one.

I did it quite simply by offering the gun up to the holster and marking the points where the top edges of the slide made contact with a crayon. I then heated up a long screwdriver and melted away two channels down the inside of the holster. After I gauged I'd melted away roughly enough, I ran a rough round file down the channels to smooth it out. My WE226R now fits in my genuine Blackhawk holster perfectly.

Putting it on the oven may work in some instances, but you need to stretch the holster's material in the instance here, plus you run the risk of distorting other vital areas if you heat the whole thing up.
                            i tried heating it again to no avail, upon further inspection you are spot on, i will do the same and carve out two channels for the top of the slide, thanks mate!

Comment

My pleasure.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Limes Find out more about Limes
                              Working...
                              X