Gas(es) for my pistol(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas(es) for my pistol(s)?

So I now own two gas pistols and I'm wondering what gases to run on them, only problem is one is the TM Mk23 NBB (plastic goodness) and the other is a TM/Guarder metal kit (no other upgrades yet). From what Abbey say on their site I want to be using Predator 144a for the Mk23 as it's a plastic body and therefore better gas efficiency. And it looks like I want Predator Ultra gas for my P226 (and any other metal pistols I pick up in the future).

My question is should I do this? Purchase two different gases to get maximum performance out of each pistol without having one hot/potentially damage the internals? Or is there a happy compromise?

Also, can anyone verify what they say about Silicone in gas not being ideal (not a chemist lol)?

Cheers guys
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
    Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Re: Gas(es) for my pistol(s)?

As the TM is a NBB the slide doesn't move so the only damage due to high pressure gasses would be blown seals, but as it is a TM unlikely.

At this time of year, and seeing as the P226 is metal kitted go for Green gas, or Ultra when summer rolls around for the SOCOM.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fenrisianspirit I'm a huge geek. I love tinkering with computers, playing vidya games and listening to music.Why not zoidberg? Find out more about Fenrisianspirit
    Working...
    X