Just starting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just starting out

just needed some help deciding my first airsoft gun.... quite like p90s and m4s but have no idea what fps they should have or what make to choose.

cheers boohoo:p
    "Could have swore I just saw a guy in a ghi.....HIT!"

Re: Just starting out

How much you got :D

I'd go P90, they have an excellent hop up (more range) and every man and his dog has a M4.....booooring!

Comment

no way go for the m4, there so diverse and you can use the same mags if u change your gun in the future, because so many systems use m4 mags, regarding fps most sites have a limit of 350 so make sure there not more powerful than that, or you will have to get downgraded but it will cost more money, hope that is a bit of help.

Comment

thanks guys i got about £100-£200 swaying towards p90

Comment

Don't forget to factor in things like mags, batteries, sling, pouches etc!

I brought my P90 for £160, and then spent another £130 on mags and pouches they will fit in! :D

Comment

To be honest they are about the same if you get a good make like ICS of TM so it up to you realy of whitch one you like best but as said befor lots of people have m4's and the mags do fit most guns so yer hope this helps
            Xsite Airsoft site sigpic
            my guns[/COLOR]

JG g36c
            ics m4 R.I.S my babey
            KJW m92f

Comment

it depends on personal prefrence. What you like/want.
              Every skirmish will have an m4 in it, but that means they must be good.
              A friend of mine had a p90 im not sure what make it was (not the TM one) and had problems with the mags and his hop up in the 1st game.
              But as i said its entirely up to you.
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

i would suggest picking up a reliable brand aeg second hand on this forum. choose one that comes with stuff you will need to get anyway like mags, batteries etc. you can get yourself a nice little starter package which will save you money to get the rest of your gear sorted, clothing, vest, pouches, mask etc. just my two cents
                TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Ask at games to have a try of people's guns. Most players will be happy for you to hold (and in most cases fire) their guns, as long as you ask first and don't just pick them up.

Personally, I find the P90 really uncomfortable, but think the F2000 is the most perfect design I've ever held from an ergonomics point of view (pity the only one around is of very questionable build quality).

At the risk of looking stupid, stand at home and hold your arms as if you're holding a rifle and take note of where and how you have your hands. If you find the front hand is more comfortable in a horizontal position, then a P90 will be no good for you. If it's best in a totally vertical position, then something like an M4 will be OK as long as you fit a vertical grip (or hold the magwell). If you like your front hand close to your body, a longer weapon won't be any good etc etc etc

But, airsoft is mainly about looks (where the weapons are concerned), so go with what YOU like, not with what other people tell you you should like.
                  sigpic

Comment

iv seen some reasonably priced ca sportline p 90s
                    Originally posted by parky
                    If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

Maybe a nice TM Type 89 with all the trimmings perhaps.

Trader feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...411#post240411

Comment

thanks guys for all the help...i have never heard or seen of a type 89 do you have any reviews?

Comment

I have an m4 and p90 thing with p90s is the mags are a pain as they are an awkward shape, but i have the TM and it has great performance. You can get box mags for the p90 but i think they make the gun look ugly..

As for teh m4 everyone has it but it is a good starter gun as the mags are a nice size and they are very easy to open up and have a play with if you fancied understanding how aegs work/ how to mod.

Comment

how about you combine best of both?!

i have seen many P90's modified to us M4 mags! espesh on here for sale!

so get the Mags for M4 so if you do buy another gun, and have the Hop up of a P90...

OR get FN2000..."P90 for real men" it comes M4 mag compatable already

btw, i bought my FN2000 off a mate for £50 so they are great deals!
                            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 9 January, 2010, 08:38. Reason: extra sneeky info.
                            sigpic

Comment

i have seen the p90s with the m4 mags but im worried that because im left handed i will keep hitting it, and im sure your right about the fn2000 but i really dont like the looks of it :/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BooHoo Find out more about BooHoo
                              Working...
                              X