The essentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The essentials

Hi all I have posted a few times asking about guns etc and am now looking to start to put my gear together.

I have decided that I am going to get either a src gen3 g36c or the G&G Combat Machine AEG GR15 Raider

Am after some expert knowledge from you guys and your experience on what other essentials i need.

I'm not looking to upgrade the internals etc but looking to get other accessories to start my kit

I have been looking at glasses, face masks, tact vests, spare mags, sidearm, sights, red dots etc

I have searched on here but couldn't find anything and aphave googled but everything was very random.

Any help massively appreciated

Thanks

Bailey

Re: The essentials

Have you played?
    A vest is not really required , a bet will do the job just as well if not better , cheaper and lighter too. Red dots are not really needed either , just an aesthetic addition. You don't need a side arm and unless you are going to be able to clean/maintain it properly I wouldn't bother getting one at least until you've played a fair few games. If/when you do I'd recommend a Blackhawk, Safariland or Kydex holster.

There are two things you always want to buy the best of. Eye protection and boots , it's always best to buy military approved kit for them in my opinion. I use Bolle x800 goggles and ESS crossbows , good companies for these are: Bolle , ESS , Oakley , Wiley-x and Revision are the best I've encountered. Boots wise , Oakley , Converse , Magnum , Bates , Quantico , Belleville and Merrel make great boots. Finding the right shoe is mainly personal preference for you and your terrain/needs.
    A good pair of gloves isn't awful either ( Mechanix , Oakley , Wiley-x all make good gloves).

Keep in mind all of these items are my own choices but I find them to be good , proven pieces of kit. You will not need any of this until after you've played a while. For your first game a gun should be provided along with a mask , just take good strong shoes will ankle protection , trousers you don't mind getting dirty and a comfy ,warm hoody/jacket.

Gunwise I'd stay away from SRC I've owned three which all needed quite a bit of work to function well , G&G on the other hand I've never had problems with and get great reviews.

Don't be led into thinking that you need to get a pimped out gun and loadout , don't bother with any of that until your sure you are into the game for sure and that it's for you.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Just get what you can when you can. First I got my aeg, classic army scar-l and an extra mag. A set of dpm clothes,boots and eye protection.
      Then as I could afford other items my kit increased. As for essential kit,that's about it, anything else is personal preference.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by voodooTheMarshmallow View Post
        There are two things you always want to buy the best of. Eye protection and boots
        The only thing I'd add to that is a decent set of knee pads. You can pick up a set here on the forums cheap enough, and they allow you to get a bit more involved in the field, without worrying about cracking a kneecap.

My money goes on Alta personally

Comment

if you are on a budget, then either emerson or tmc tactical pants with built in knee pads,they can be found for under 50 dollars, they come in a variety of colours and camo patterns
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Cheers lads

Have got my first game Wednesday.

Gonna have a little look around for some gear and let ya know what I come across

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bailey3 Find out more about Bailey3
            Working...
            X