m16 v ak47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m16 v ak47

I want to get a new gun but i can't make my mind up. i want either a full stock m16 or full stock wood part ak, both with metal bodies. i have just over £300.please give me your suggestions and leave pro con list and brand this will be very helpful. thx

Re: m16 v ak47

*sigh*

Firstly decide which or the two guns you want and then we can suggest 'wat am bestest' in your price range.

Or

You could do a little background research yourself rather than expect to be spoonfed like an infant.

Comment

ok first, i have done research for m16 i think the g&g gr16a3 or the G&P m16a3 are the sort of guns im looking for and for ak47 i like the toptech rk47 g&g but the blow back noise i hate. second, the reason i started this thread is because i wanted peoples opinions on any m16 or ak47 for £300 that they found was good so i could research and talk to other airsofters about that gun and seeing on what people said and maybe buy it. three, the reason i just said m16 or ak is because if i say a certain brand a different brand might make a better ak or m16 and i would miss out.

Comment

We are not all pre menstrual at the moment, if you are going to spend 300 on your first gun G&G is a good make as far as i’m concerned. Personally i’d go for an AK but then again i’m an AK nut as there are loads of loadouts that you can use with them and you don’t have to go down the molle, magpull maniac route. Good luck to you.

Comment

Well.
          I own a few armalites, I have owned AKs as well, the only gun I miss out of everything is my AK, it was only a Cyma but by god it was awesome.
          With the fact I'm an armalite owner (not a fan though) I'd say AK everyday of the week.
          Cymas are good and cheap, G&G, CA are good and affordable options. Bigger budgets you have LCT, Real Sword and even innokatsu.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

In that price range it comes down to which one you like the look of best, you can get a crackng ak or M16 for that money, I have an unused G&P M16a1 for sale at the moment or £200 even if that does'nt interest you i'd advise G&P for the M16.
            HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

^^ buy that!

Comment

@Devlin i looked at your gun could you possible get me some pictures to me i like the sound of the gun. thx for letting me know

Comment

Go for it grab some mids and you will llove it

meddy

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

I'm gonna steer away from the brand names and try to help you decide what platform you want:

AK pros
                    Reliable gearboxes - configured differently to the M16 type and as a rule cope with the stresses better.
                    Enourmous Hi-caps - 600 rounds of ammo - only need half the mags of an M16 to carry same capacity

AK cons
                    Enormous mags - I am 5' 7" and found it to be a pain in the a$$ when trying to shoot from the prone position
                    Compared to M16 variants, relatively low amount of aftermarket / classifieds extras for upgrades or replacements
                    Attatchments.... if you want to trick it out wth all manner of stuff, you will also need bespoke mounts for the majority of the AK family

M16 Pros
                    The market is saturated with them - the majority of airsoft is geared toward them - accessories etc are ten a penny
                    The internals are the most widely used in airsoft - tech advice, upgrades etc are more readily available
                    Easier to fire prone
                    If you get a flat top / RIS version - attatchments are a straight fit. (if going for a Vietnam version this is irrelivant)

M16 cons
                    Small mag capacity compared to AK
                    Can be a very long and unwieldly beast depending on variant
                    Internals are not as bullet proof as AKs (the physics of it with stress loading etc - not the different brands)

Conclusion (according to me...)
                    M16 / M4 family is all round better if you like adding stuff to your gun and crawling through the woods or plan on doing any aftermarket work to it yourself.
                    The AK would be a better choice if carrying huge ammounts of ammo is your thing.

None of this takes into account personal preference, which is of course the over-riding factor. In 18 years of softing i have never owned an AK but in the last couple of weeks i have got the bug for one... so against conventional wisdom, my next purchase will be an AK of some description.

Comment

G&P M16 or Cyma AK47 are my brand recommendations.
                      Either will leave you about £60-80 for mags and other crap to hang off them

Comment

I've owned two g&p m4s and they have stunning build quality and attention to detail but I also have a VFC AK74 and even though the barrel is considerably shorter the range is amazing! They are very reliable and the ak hop up can't be beaten. The only problem is finding nice molle pouches for the big mags but that isn't too much of a problem.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

j.kinglsey Find out more about j.kinglsey
                        Working...
                        X