Systema TW5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systema TW5

Hi there I am looking at getting a sliding stock and flashlight style foregrip.

Now I know training weapons take real steel dimensions so many airsoft brands do not fit.

Does anyone know a make of a sliding stock and flashlight foregrip that fits the TW5?

Also is there a sd front end also avaliable that will fit the TW5?

cheers

Re: Systema TW5

It's not a simple job rewiring the TW5 and fitting a sliding stock.

AFAIK you need a real steel sliding stock. Might be worth searching 'Project PTW' on facebook.

There have been SD versions of the TW5 made, if you know where to look Just checked, they used a modified ICS SD forend and a real steel HK stock

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

I have done the TW5 conversion with a RS steel sliding stock.

The issues are as follows:

1) RS HK sliding stock is very very very very expensive -- I paid 400 for mine...Plus they are very very rare
      2) the inner rails of the stock are made from super hardened steel and need to have a slither shaved off all the way down them, so that the stock can slide in and out freely
      3) The back of the Tw5 needs to be shortened slightly - I did this with a mill to take about 10mm off the rear of the gun so the RS buttplate fits flush
      4) You will need to remove the cocking lever to run a stick 11.1 lipo in the top receiver - this slides through easily enough but the spring will be removed rendering the action of the HK slap redundant
      6) You will also have to chop the fuse out (no room)
      4) The sliding stock makes the gun VERY HEAVY - infact I think it makes it seriously heavier than the real thing. Sounds fine but I'm 36, 6.1 and reasonably well built and it was knackering all day using it. This is the main reason why I sold it on.

Nice as a project but I'd think about doing a mp5k conversion instead

Comment

Oh in regards to the SD conversion - the projects that I researched when I did mine - a chap used a classic army front end to great effect.

Comment

Awesome think I will give the sliding stock conversion a miss. Will definetly take a look at the sd conversion, what modification is required just filing down?

Comment

Not too sure but i would have loved to have done mine at the time.

Comment

mp5k conversion...now you're talking,iirc its been done before as well so its do-able
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                mp5k conversion...now you're talking,iirc its been done before as well so its do-able

Aye - the problem lies with the length of the upper. He who messes with a 900 quid gun in an attempt to shorten it is a brave man indeed...

Comment

Get a pro to do it This isn't a JG you're messing with :P

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

I love Airsoft Find out more about I love Airsoft
                  Working...
                  X