TM sopmod advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM sopmod advice?

hiya lads ..now looking at getting a tm sopmod , what is the main advantage with a 9.6 upgrade from the stock battery? also as the sopmod stands out of the box will it be better than my ics m4 cqb? ie range and accuracy.. thanks glen

Re: TM sopmod advice?

what made you decide to buy a sopmod in the first place,and what have you heard/read about the original quick change battery?
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

The 9.6v will have a higher rof, better trigger response and will last longer as the standard 8.4v ones are crap. A tm sopmod will have a lot better performance plus you get the recoil and blowback. Have you looked at the socom? might be a better option as it takes standard batteries

Comment

wow thanks for the quick replys, why sopmod , well wanted a blow back with good reliable make up, have hear its a good gun but the batteries let it down..might also look at the socom, is there much differance?

Comment

They are pretty much identical the performance is the same as is the quality. Only difference is the socom doesn't come with the RIS and is front wired to take standard batteries.

Comment

so you probably know enough about them already to want to buy one.....the fact is they are arguably one of the best performing guns on the market, therefore range and accuracy are very good out the box, your ics should be good, sopmods should be easily as good if not better....with .25s i was very satisfied with my sopmods performance

Comment

thanks mate...and is there a big differance between them and the cqb-r?? ie in range or accuracey?

Comment

thanks sparrowhawk, do you have the stock battry then??? and happy with it?

Comment

well as i havnt had a cqb-r version i coulnt say,but as its a fact that inner barrel length has little influence on range or accuracy,i would say they are similar in comparison, i do have the stock battery, but i front wired mine and fitted a lipo, however,if i had continued with the quick change battery i would have done a lipo conversion to it, or at least added an extra cell to take it to 9.6

Comment

As Sparrowhawk says mate, you should be very happy with the performance out of the box. I've got the Socom (front wired as standard) which had a Magpull front handguard on it. A 7.4 lipo fits perfectly inside the handguard.
                    I recently fitted a Sopmod ris to it and now run a small Peq box with a 7.4x1000mahx20c lipo in it.
                    Works a treat. I bought two small battery Peq boxes (less than a tenner each off a well known Bay of Evil). Deans connectors all round and your off. Carry a spare battery in a Peq in a pouch and its two minutes to change battery if needed.

Comment

As mentioned the standard batteries are poor. 8.4v 1300 mha and you really need 2 to play a day. In terms of comparison to an ICS how long is a piece of string, it depends on your ICS really. The do around 290 fps but with the hop and consistent power output put the bb out far even if you have time to read a book before it hits the target
                      Out they box they are very good but need a fair bit of work if you want to increase the power, mainly replacing the bearings is a must as the nylon ones are too tight and add too much friction.
                      Don't worry about barrel length, its all in the quality of the standard hop unit (as with all guns but even more so with these) and power output consistency.
                      Battery wise I would go 7.4 lipo rather than 9.6 nimh, more compact and deliver similar performance with less trigger arcing. 9.6v can have a tenedancy on full auto to overtake the recoil unit which you can resolve with a stronger recoil spring. i haven't had a problem with 7.4 but I don't full auto much anyway. Mags are also expensive, go for midcaps as high caps stop the bolt function.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

glenny Find out more about glenny
                      Working...
                      X