Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lever Action

Has anyone skirmished with a lever action of some sort

I'm after something that can be used as a single action sniper so around the 450-500 mark

any info would be nice

Re: Lever Action

I've used my KTW 1873 a few times.
    It's a springer, and not really strong enough for more than 350fps. Plus it'd be a PITA to cycle.

The gas 1892s available don't have a removable magazine, so you'd have to take extra safety measures between games, such as securely plugging the barrel, or leave it outside the safe zone.

One thing to check on is your site's classification of the type. My local, bizzarrly, puts them in the same class as shotguns, so they're limited to 360 fps...

Comment

Quite a lot of places put them under other AEG and pistol levels, leaving them at 350 odd.

Saying that they can be fun to play with but like taking a pistol they can be a bugger to use if you are not used to them.

As for what to choose, well the ACM gas ones do leak often and the Marushin ones are hard to get hold of, expensive and really too nice to run around the woods with.

Plus in order to empty the magazine you need to fire all of the shots off on some of the models, not good and requires getting used to.

'FireKnife'
      68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
      Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

There are ways to upgrade the KTW, which will lift the fps limit a bit, I.E. 6.01 inner barrel, and improved hop rubber, but attempting to increase the spring is unadvisable, as cocking the gun would be a nightmare, and liable to damage the gun

Comment

If you play at a site where the engagement distances are under 30m consistantly so basically cqb then the KTW is fine...

The spring guide etc are all plastic so upgrading the spring isnt adviseable.

These guns are more collector pieces than skirmish pieces...not only that i was literally harassed at NAE 11 when i had mine people were literally taking it off my back without asking to have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by ToaDi View Post
            There are ways to upgrade the KTW, which will lift the fps limit a bit, I.E. 6.01 inner barrel, and improved hop rubber, but attempting to increase the spring is unadvisable, as cocking the gun would be a nightmare, and liable to damage the gun
            Could you elaborate WRT parts to use?

As to the spring guide: I have a lathe and milling machine - a metal one is on my extensive to-do list.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mike1987 Find out more about Mike1987
            Working...
            X