Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Is it possible to mount a scope on a beta project tactical ak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it possible to mount a scope on a beta project tactical ak?

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
    PSO 1 (V) is designed and made for the AK.
    That is made up. Russians never used PSO-1's on their AKs. They use 1P29's.

Note how it ISN'T a "PSO-1 (V)"
    Last edited by RedHawk; 16 November, 2012, 19:57.

Comment

I suggest you recheck that red hawk.
      It's also the PSO (V) used on VSS Vintorez which is a 9x39 round.
      Having played with an AK albeit a 74 in Russia when I was out there that had a PSO 1 fitted (it was a military weapon with military optics on a military range).
      There have been 4 models of the same scope.
      The V which is AK specific then there's the standard PSO1 as we know for the dragunov, that on its own had 2 models, one with an IR marker and a later one that didn't due to the yanks being able to track them with it. Then the AK version mount PSOP and an SVD mount PSOP 1.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

That's because it's not called a "PSO-1 (V)" as you eluded to, it's called a PSO 4x24V. Those are two different things, one is made up and the other exists.
        Regardless of what mililtary fiddling you militarily did on a military range with military weapons, the PSO-1 is not issued with the AK-74M.

Comment

I suggest you recheck that red hawk.
          It's also the PSO (V) used on VSS Vintorez which is a 9x39 round.
          Having played with an AK albeit a 74 in Russia when I was out there that had a PSO 1 fitted (it was a military weapon with military optics on a military range).
          There have been 4 models of the same scope.
          The V which is AK specific then there's the standard PSO1 as we know for the dragunov, that on its own had 2 models, one with an IR marker and a later one that didn't due to the yanks being able to track them with it. Then the AK version mount PSOP and an SVD mount PSOP 1.
          If you want one for the AK, the PSO DV would be better than the V
          And no, the PSO V is not used on the VSS, it uses an SVD style side mount not and AK style one

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
            That's because it's not called a "PSO-1 (V)" as you eluded to, it's called a PSO 4x24V. Those are two different things, one is made up and the other exists.
            Regardless of what mililtary fiddling you militarily did on a military range with military weapons, the PSO-1 is not issued with the AK-74M.
            Oh sorry, I failed to put its optics size in :|, I didn't feed any misinformation. It's the same bloody thing.

I stand corrected on the vintorez sight though.
            Confusing how something dialled for 7.62 could possibly work on a 9x39.
            The 74 I was used was a desig marksman rifle.
            However we get off topic again.
            You found what I was talking about so I wasn't completely wrong.
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Oh sorry, I failed to put its optics size in :|, I didn't feed any misinformation. It's the same bloody thing.
              Well bearing in mind the official designation is "PSO 4x24V" and not as you stated "PSO-1 (V)". Thats completely different, there's more numbers in it! A PSO-1 (V) could be a completely different scope for different purpose. We are talking about Russians here, you maybe able to speak for the western world but the Russian Armed Forces are usually overlooked and people still assume they know all about them (not saying you do, but people do it often).

Comment

They are I agree very much over looked. Where I was it was a complete blanket ban on photography within a 5 mile radius of the base, this also includes google maps (or at least used to). A lot of what they do, how they train is still pretty secretive. Those crazy Russians still cant trust the western world. They still spy on us for god sake.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

riotus rich Find out more about riotus rich
                Working...
                X