Best Gas to get for KJW P226.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Gas to get for KJW P226.

Green Gas? Propane? What brand, Im a complete newbie to the Gas Pistols, Any advice on make and brand etc much appreciated
    sigpic

Re: Best Gas to get for KJW P226.

Straight propane! KJW have CO2 mags so they should have no trouble with a little propane. Colemans propane isn't a propane/butane mix (which you want to avoid) although they're generally rare, but really all you have to check for is whether it's 100% propane or not. The only difference between propane and green gas is that green gas is sold with perfume and silicon mixed in so it doesn't smell of rotten eggs and the mags stay lubed, though green gas will tend to have too much silicon so straight propane with a squirt of silicon will work out better and cheaper.
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Brands?
      sigpic

Comment

I use Abbey Predator personally as I hate the eggy smell though if you search you'll see it's been asked before! Check around Halfords.

Comment

Guarder Powerful gas for winter!

Comment

Cheers guys, Also, how often should you Clean, Lube/Oil the pistol?
            sigpic

Comment

Once a month for the gun and lube the mags every few fills on propane!

Comment

What does Guarder Powerful gas consist of that makes it ideal for pistols in winter? Reason for asking is because when I get a WE M&P 40 it will be mostly a primary.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
                  What does Guarder Powerful gas consist of that makes it ideal for pistols in winter? Reason for asking is because when I get a WE M&P 40 it will be mostly a primary.
                  Not sure,all I know is that it is very powerful, moreso than Green or Propane, and reacts well to cooldown.

Comment

Okay Ill pick up a few cans, nice one cheers mate.

Comment

Well ive scouted around for a while and found that propane is good but isnt that great in the cold and stinks like a*se, So im going with abbey predator stuff off Z1. If that doesnt work, i will go with the Guarder one, Cheers guys
                      sigpic

Comment

Propane will likely perform better than abbey though.

Comment

Green is propane with perfume
                          Actually calor/colemans propane is propane with perfume (stenchant) added - to let you know if you've left a cooker on They just don't bother putting it in airsoft gas because, you know, its not a highly flammable gas that needs to be stored in a rated container or anything, no :P
                          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by Monster Airsofter View Post
                            Well ive scouted around for a while and found that propane is good but isnt that great in the cold and stinks like a*se, So im going with abbey predator stuff off Z1. If that doesnt work, i will go with the Guarder one, Cheers guys
                            No! Get Zero One Pro Gas! It is Abbey Ultra with a Zero One sticker on for £2 cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                              Actually calor/colemans propane is propane with perfume (stenchant) added - to let you know if you've left a cooker on They just don't bother putting it in airsoft gas because, you know, its not a highly flammable gas that needs to be stored in a rated container or anything, no :P
                              Green gas still smells like roses

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Monster Airsofter Hi, Im Jed and Airsoft is a big part of my life, Everywere you look in my home you will find items to show it. Gun hanging on my wall, BBs spread all over the house and bits of dpm here there and everywhere. I'd prefer mil sim but any airsoft is good airsoft, ive only tried Ground Zero and Challenge leisure but will try others like Tier 1, The Sandpit, Ambush and Combat South. Find out more about Monster Airsofter
                              Working...
                              X