Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifications: noob explanation required

Hi all,

after a couple of days looking through the forums I could'nt help but notice that airsofters seem to be forever tinkering with their guns. is this largely due to component wear, or the drive to get that little bit better performance than your mate with the same gear. do any of the manufacturers make a decent out of the box product?

I am due to go to my first airsoft event on 9 Dec with a mate from work and am looking forward to it massively. i can see myself getting into the sport and want to factor in cost of upgrades v decent manufacturer v pre modded 2nd hand. on the manufacturer front are there any that are really good value or a complete rip off.

last point is there a thread that explains the benefits what each part of the gun does, and its effects on performance when upgraded.

thanks in advance
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Re: Modifications: noob explanation required

There is WAY too much to go into in one post but think of it like this...

The guns vary in ability out of the box across manufacturers but there is the constant strive for improvement of performance and for it to look cool / be original.

Performance can be whatever you are looking for: Accuracy, range, rate of fire, reliability, trigger response, battery life....... so there are upgrades for all these factors and more. There is yet to be the all round perfect gun.

If you buy something like a Classic Army Compact seals, it will be more than good enough for just about every scenario you find yourself in, but sooner or later the bug will bite and it will be in pieces getting fitted with extras!

The problem with modded second hand ones are you cannot always guarantee the competency of the guy doing the work. There is no regulating body so any doofus with a halfords tool kit can mess about with them and call themselves a gun tech!

TOP TIP - (assuming you are here for the long haul and when you become eligible to do so...)
    Spend money on good quality eye / face protection
    Spend as much as you can afford on a good quality gun with a couple of high capacity magazines (more ammo, less mags) and a good battery and charger.

You do not need to turn up looking like Matt Damon from "The Green Zone" to enjoy yourself... that will come once you have decided how you like to play... screaming up the middle blasting full auto as you go is not for everybody. Some prefer to snipe (definitely an acquired taste in airsofting) and others prefer to sneak about picking their shots while others prefer pistols only...

There are so many options, it is definitely horses for courses.

one other TOP TIP:
    Haribo...

Comment

Re: Modifications: noob explanation required

after 22 years in the army i'm afraid i already have the matt domon thing down, lol!!!

i thought as much with the 2nd hand market and might just buy from people i get to know or bite the bullet and go new.

As far as the haribo goes, as I am member of the dental profession how very dare you sir!!!!

thanks again
      There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fangsnatcher 43 year old ex army staff sergeant rediscovering my love of running about and shooting people Find out more about fangsnatcher
      Working...
      X