real steel parts in the uk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• real steel parts in the uk.

have found a real steel cocking leaver for an m4 that i would really like to have,

before i even consider importing it in form the US, i was wondering if this would fall under anything such as section 5? (think thats what it is)

secondly, if it all fine to have, would it even fit? (it looks quite a bit longer then an airsoft one, is it just a case of cutting it down a bit and attaching a spring?)

the company/manufacturer already have official airsoft version of some of their items so its entirely possible that this will make its way to us eventually, but would be nice to have some real steel in my custom build
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Re: real steel parts in the uk.

Perfectly legal.

Flash hiders (even cheap airsoft ones that will fit on a real gun), receivers and other 'pressure-bearing' parts would be 'restricted' items.

Comment

If its an aeg, then most likely no it won't fit.

Also, midwayuk.com sell real steel parts here in the UK.

Comment

lmao, you ever bought from midway? they simply are a middleman for the U.S. retailer...

This guy is UK based, but prices are ridiculous, always worth putting in a lower offer though, you never know!

http://www.project-x.org.uk/disposals.html

Worst website EVER, but it works, just....

Comment

No, I haven't purchased from midway myself, but with prices in UK, and it seemingly being a UK site, then the buyer can remove some of the headaches by assuming that all the niggly parts will be dealt with by them

Comment

May be expensive, but I have dealt with that website and was very happy with the service and item.
            "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

I have bought from midway"uk" they have squat in stock, and are used as a middleman for posting from the states, no easier, more expensive, takes longer... fail, we were after xdm holsters, gave up in the end!

Comment

Pan - several forums ive (just) read seem to suggest that technically the upper of an AR-15 is not "pressure bearing", as the barrel, barrel extension, flash suppressor and bolt contain all the pressure released by the round?

I was under the impression that RS uppers could be obtained in the UK simply because they can be machined to fit PTWs/are a drop in fit on some GBBRs, and a lot of people state that that kind of stuff has been done before... i may of course just be incorrectly summing 2 and 2!
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Hmm, I dunno - just quoting a Police Firearms & Explosives Officer!

Comment

Fair enough! Ive seen a few threads in the time between my post then and this one that say they are essential firearm mechanisms or something like that which explains the need for licensing.

If one had a s1 firearms license/certificate could one then import an upper and use it for airsoft? - could one even get the license specifically just to get the upper and try and explain "i want to use it in a RIF" as a valid reason to own one?
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
                      lmao, you ever bought from midway? they simply are a middleman for the U.S. retailer...

This guy is UK based, but prices are ridiculous, always worth putting in a lower offer though, you never know!

http://www.project-x.org.uk/disposals.html

Worst website EVER, but it works, just....
                      I noticed some chalky's (BA training grenade) being sold there! Can you get the blanks for them anywhere (forgot now what I used to put in the bastard) and are they allowed on airsoft sites?
                      AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sir Stephen Find out more about Sir Stephen
                      Working...
                      X