Concept??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concept??

In my search for an M4 based CQB I was looking at the ICS concept,I have a few questions...
    Are they compatible with std M4 mags?
    Are they only made by ICS?
    Why are they not very popular or not kept for long?
    Are there any known issues?
    Cheers.

Re: Concept??

I think the new cxp looks tasty. Yeah its only made by ics.
    Will take pretty much any m4 mag.
    Quick change spring system. My ics has been very reliable had it a couple of years now. Whats not to like!?

Comment

Funnily enough I sold a bnib one for a m8 earlier this year and it fetched only £135??!!But I can't contact him as he's on flood alert...GB
      I like the look of them just looking for reasons not to buy....cheers.

Comment

ive had an ics m4 since 2003 and never had any real issues other than general wear and tear stuff.
        the reason most people dont like them is because they arent as compatible with other parts, so cant upgrade them aswell as you could with say a g&p m4.
        what i cant understand tho is why people want to upgrade the gears in an ics m4 as i believe they are reinforced to start with!. and mine has never missed a beat and has been run on anything from 7.4 to 11.1 lipos and never stripped a tooth

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmikey22 View Post
          ive had an ics m4 since 2003 and never had any real issues other than general wear and tear stuff.
          the reason most people dont like them is because they arent as compatible with other parts, so cant upgrade them aswell as you could with say a g&p m4.
          what i cant understand tho is why people want to upgrade the gears in an ics m4 as i believe they are reinforced to start with!. and mine has never missed a beat and has been run on anything from 7.4 to 11.1 lipos and never stripped a tooth
          Iam actually talking about the Concept "xp"(?),I've had an M4 it was good untl it too noisey to bear..
          Getting back to the concept,I spoke too my m8 and he instantly didn't like the unbalanced feel of the metal version hence his reason for selling.

Comment

i know fella, but when you said "why arent they kept very long" you didn't specify whether it was ics in general or the "xp" as a weapon. so i just gave you my overall opinion.

Comment

Well the only difference between the CXP and an M4 is the front end/top rail really, internally they're identical, same receiver etc. I've owned a handful of ICS M4/M16s and never had a problem with any of them.
              I guess the low resale value comes from the niche appeal of the gun's appearance.
              Also, the rear iron sight on the CXP.08 is not removable and it stands fairly tall, which may cause some obstruction in terms of sight/fitting with certain optics. The CXP.15 have folding/removable sights though.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmikey22 View Post
                i know fella, but when you said "why arent they kept very long" you didn't specify whether it was ics in general or the "xp" as a weapon. so i just gave you my overall opinion.
                Appreciate that,it was for the concept as I've seen them going after short spells of ownership,just looking for a why...cheers.

Comment

I like my cxp (metal), had it for over a year now with no real problems. Mine is getting sold as I am going back to AK's, already got 4 of them, so am going to standardize all my extras...again

They are cracking little guns, perfectly good in woodland or cqb, sound great, look good, but not really as customizable as standard m4's, so you can't fit crap loads of crap on it (though it does have 3 short rails and a top rail). They are marmite guns though, if you like the look then they are great, if you just buy it 'cause its different, then you may not get on with it.
                  Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

Originally posted by bigshep View Post
                    I like my cxp (metal), had it for over a year now with no real problems. Mine is getting sold as I am going back to AK's, already got 4 of them, so am going to standardize all my extras...again
                    I'm going the opposite way AK--->M4....,so I'm looking for a CQB M4 base.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
                      I'm going the opposite way AK--->M4....,so I'm looking for a CQB M4 base.
                      Traitor! There is thankfully a way back from the dark side.
                      Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                      If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

snuff Find out more about snuff
                      Working...
                      X