Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sniper face protection

Hi,

a question for all the snipers out there....

as a sniper often shoots from cover and often prone do you find that you take hits to the face?

to follow on from this what is the favoured sniper face protection that doesnt interfere with looking through optics/getting eye relief correct..thanks in advance
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Re: sniper face protection

Not so much a sniper but when I use my dmr (which is scoped and often shot prone) I use shooters glasses and a carbon fiber mouth guard. I used to use like a balaclaver thing that covered my nose down but it's soft so you didn't get the full protection and after an hour or so of breathing in it it got damp and felt annoying.

Comment

Was the carbon fibre thing like the half mesh lower face guards the zero one sell?
      There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

I made it myself for extra intimidation factor lol. Imagine the Hannibal lecter mask but more evil lol. Mesh vent at the front and some "slit" vents down each side. And some suade paches inside to make it comfy. If I can get my camera workin il take a pic. The reason I use it/made it was because it was very low profile and didn't interfere with anything like the big plastic full face ones and sat in a bush with a full mesh gives you crappy vision looking at a black crosshair, against a dark green/brown background.

Comment

That does sound the dogs balls mate. I thought the same about full mesh hence the post. Am thinking safety spec and a mesh lower half, assuming I don't completely hate it when I break the airsoft cherry on Sunday. Like the sniper role as I always wanted to do the course when I was in the army but it never came at the right time

Comment

That will probably be the best compromise mate. Don't skimp on the glasses. Good luck with your first game. I'd say an airsoft sniper is harder to be than a real one as you don't have the luxury of being 1000+ yards away. A real sniper could make the kill and be half way home before someone has any idea where the shot came from. You won't get that luxury lol

Comment

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
              That will probably be the best compromise mate. Don't skimp on the glasses. Good luck with your first game. I'd say an airsoft sniper is harder to be than a real one as you don't have the luxury of being 1000+ yards away. A real sniper could make the kill and be half way home before someone has any idea where the shot came from. You won't get that luxury lol
              You don't have to crawl for hundreds of yards with your nose in the dirt only to be seen by training guys in airsoft , and you don't die if shot
              Being a sniper definitely needs the most patience though to be effective.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Sorry, had a little chuckle reading OP... I found the notion that there is anyone in airsoft that doesn't get hit in the face novel!

Personally I think its just about your choice of protection level. If you are a tard like me, you go with just goggles and when the week after a skirmish everyone is commenting on your facial wounds you can say "they all face forwards" with that little grin that if you sell it right helps make sure it doesn't occur to them that they can't see any of the bruises that aren't on your face.

The full face can be a problem for getting your eye behind the scope when prone. I'd perhaps suggest the compromise is a fabric or neoprene wrap round your lower face. As seen modelled by this chap http://www.youtube.com/user/vavann56

Comment

cheers figjam, had seen vavann's stuff before and was considering that protection approach but just stuck the post out there to see if there were other schools of thought. if i didnt work in dentistry i'd, like you, wear my wounds with pride. however you loose credibility giving flossing advice with your incisors shot out!! lol.

Comment

haha, first lol, of the morning. Cheer!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fangsnatcher 43 year old ex army staff sergeant rediscovering my love of running about and shooting people Find out more about fangsnatcher
                    Working...
                    X