Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all glock experts

Hi there

Iv recently taken a shining to glocks. I purchased a secondhand ksc glock 17. I did not have the best secondhand experience and ended up with a dodgy pistol that looks to be an ex rental weapon as it has a companies name scratched into the frame!!!

ANYWAYS it came with a aftermarket metal slide and a pdi inner barrel however there seems to be an issue with the inner barrel in that it gets caught on the outer barrel from time to time,once I centre the inner barrel with the outer it will slide back again,so its gets caught up and wont cycle properly,once its free and I put a mag through it it will fire fine. I just wanted to find out if this is a common problem and something I should worry about?

My second problem that I have but doesnt affect the firing of the pistol is that the slide goes just that too much forward after cycling. Would I be right in saying that this has something to do with the small pin that is located just to the left of the hammer?because once apart that pin sits high but as soon as I push it down manually it doesnt come back as high but about half way. Now I might be wrong but as far as I can see the slide hooks onto this pin and if its not as high it might slide forward a bit too much??

On a plus side the mags hold gas like a beaut!

Hopefully Iv been clear enough and these dont sound like a mad mans ramblings.

Thanks

Re: Calling all glock experts

check the inner barrel, there should be a rubber o ring near the tip. is that present?
    As for sliding too far, the slide release catch stops that so its probably either on that or the slide itself ( more likley the catch.

Comment

Righty Ho, you bought yourself (in my opinion) a cracking good gun, and they can be fixed with time, patience and a little bit of balls/money.

First off strip and clean the whole gun. If your up to it completely strip the gun to bits according to this vid on youtube:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vprSlSwlBnc and clean EVERYTHING.

If your still having problems (chances are you will) then check out/try the following:

Inner Barrel
      What do you mean by centre the inner barrel? It is designed to move forward/back and up/down within the outer barrel, if the spring guide is reinstalled incorrectly then the gun may fail to cycle properly. On assembly the inner barrel needs to be pushed back onto the nozzle, and the spring guide needs to be resting on top of the first steps on the outer barrel (not pushing against them) and pushing against the end of the feed ramp (part no 10). If it is reinstalled any other way the pistol will not cycle, but an easy fix for this is to hold the incorrectly reassembled pistol in your right hand, swing it down sharply so the dust cover forwards of the trigger guard smacks into your open left hand. This will probably re-seat the spring guide correctly.

Slide movement.
      The part you have identified to the left of the hammer is the disconnector (part 81). If you remove the slide assembly from your pistol it should already be pressed down. Place your thumb over the hammer and pull the trigger, then gently let the hammer up. You should see the disconnector pop upwards, and if you look into the top of the magwell you will see the striker (part 78) that hits the valve on the mag protrude. If you now pull the hammer back, the striker should stay extended until you press down on the protruding part 81, at which point it will retract into the hammer mech, and the disconnector will stay lowered, all of this is entirely normal. This is the configuration the hammer mech needs to be in to fit the slide back onto the gun.

The slide moving forward is actually a rather clever part of the design. If you look carefully at reference pics the slide generally does protrude .5-1mm or so beyond the front of the frame, on the KSC glock it is due to the barrel assembly being held in place within the gun by part 10 pressing against the slide lock (part 51). When the slide returns forward part 10 engages part 51, and then the inner barrel assembly compresses via the spring part 12. This forces a seal between the hop rubber and nozzle, and the slide and outer barrel assembly move slightly further forward as a result of this compression. If you pull the trigger when the gun is unloaded you will notice that the hammer drives the slide slightly forward as well, further improving the seal. This is entirely normal

If the gun has a metal slide fitted then you may notice wear to the slide lock, this is due to it being made of a cheap zinc alloy. Fear not! The slide lock from the real gun fits in KSC glocks, and as such you can replace it with a swanky steel one for not too much cash

Any more questions, feel free to ask away, if your struggling with it and want me to take a look at it I'd be more than happy to help, I've just fixed another member's G19 on here
      Last edited by blytm; 10 December, 2012, 11:11. Reason: Forum link removed!
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Thank you very much.
        That was very helpful,I will take your advice and do a complete strip with youtube as my guide Im sure you will be hearing from me
        Another question Iv had which is more to settle my curiosity is what differentiates the ksc lower frame from other glocks? any distinct markings? ect. I fear that the lower I have isnt the stock one but Iv seen these online for $15, so I might try stippling it as the etchings at the moment are really off putting!
        Lastly would you reccommend the ACTION Steel Recoil Spring Guide Set w/ Valve for KSC G17 GBB? or any other upgrades or replacement parts.Iv noticed there is a lot of ware on part 51 you mentioned,is this the kind of part that either works or doesnt?
        Many thanks for the indepth response,Im looking forward to the takedown and hopefully smooth assembly

Comment

No problem, always a pleasure to help someone willing to learn about their RIFs

Frames - there are several frames that will fit on a KSC/KWA Glock - KSC did 3 generations of frames, and KWA just do blank frames. There are minor differences in how different features are acheived in terms of design, but all perform identically. the most obvious difference is the lack/accuracy of trademarks.

If you want a different coloured frame (or even just a black frame with a less shiny finish) Pro Arms make frames for KSC glocks, and they are very reasonably priced (google). I'm tempted to pick an olive one up myself just to have an experiment, I'll almost definitely pick a black one up at some point. Any frames for WE or TM glocks wont fit - mag well is a different design, internals are different, it's going to be a non-starter.

As far as spring guides/springs go, my G18 came with a hurricane upgrade set. The spring guide needed quite a bit of shooting in, and the upgraded hammer spring was a PAIN to fit, but it's very satisfying.

Guarder make a decent metal guide rod/upgraded springs, I have no knowledge of the action ones though.

Other upgrades worth considering - if your slide stop is very worn it may be worth buying a new one - an RS one can be had for $3.75 - BARGAIN. all you will need to do is widen the bit where the spring sits with a file. It's also worth inspecting your mag catch for wear - a source of major pains with KSC/KWA glocks is worn magazine catches - RS ones are a drop in fit, AIP make an aluminium one and Guarder make a steel one (which doesnt fit too well, but it works).
          Personally I wouldnt bother with high flow valves - all they do is result in a reduction in efficiency (not ideal).
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Evol Find out more about Evol
          Working...
          X