Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC G36C, K or avoid like the plague?

hi all,

First thanks to all who at GZ woodland made my first skirmish such fun. I was swiftly steered in the direction of those who could help when i had a question and had a great time (except for all the shots to the back of the hand!!).

i borrowed a g&g cm16 raider but found the carry handle sight a little low for me. this would i'm sure be worse when wearing lower face protection; a definate purchase as i like my teeth!

a g36 i tried felt much better and the the SRC gen 3 have good reviews and are good out of the box alledgedly. is the optic sight the K variety any good, what magification is it and what reticule does it use (have seen variations from red dot x 1 to crosshair x3 on interweb). if its pants i may just stick a better optic on top anyway of save a couple of notes and get the c.

advice from all who have experience with these (or alternatives) very welcome.

thanks in advance
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

The scoped carry handles are useless. Get the railed ones for sure.
    In overall terms (MY OPINION)
    TM Recoil > TM > JG > SRC > Ares
    Theyre good bits of kit (gen 3s) BUT the first bit that breaks is the trigger block, which is propetary.
    JGs are rock solid, and chug for years and years without issues.
    Ares ones look and feel good but are hopeless inside
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: SRC G36C, K or avoid like the plague?

Not really. My ARES (Umarex) is going well.

The scope isnt the best, but you get used to it and can be used OK.
      Do like using it, I just take it off a lot due to the dot sight batteries dying alot
      Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Fine guns as long as it's Gen 3.

Comment

The Ares/Umarex G36's are OK actually. I would happily own one.

I have a TM G36 and it is a good gun. The SRC guns have got a bit of a bad reputation of late but the Gen 3 is a good gun. Plus the price is very good. I would be happy with one. The JG are ok, as are the Cyma but avoid the ASG ones. They are JG inside but the plastic bodies are shockingly bad.

The TM Recoil is the best G36 on the market though.

I had a KWA G36 and it was nice, very nice but I moved it on, nothing wrong with it but I am happy with my TM G36.

Comment

Ive heard nothing but glowing reviews about the SRC GEN 3.

Im not sure about the sight (ive owned a tm G36C) and the G36 series is a damn fine and adaptable gun.... I just wasnt a fan of the mags, but the hop unit is v nice
            FOR SALE
            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I might have to call zero one about the sight but agree about the gen 3 reviews. Only negative I've seen was on this thread, but that's the point
              There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

I cant remeber what the guy was, but someone on here speaks V highly of them.

Best bet is get to a shop you can get yout hands on one and see how it feels
                FOR SALE
                7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I'd push the boat out a little and get a G36K by Classic Army. I've heard they're cheap this time of year.

Comment

I'd agree with what has been said, insomuch as; the TM recoil is a fantastic gun, let down only by the plastic shiny body and scoped rail. The Ares and Umarex are also quite good, with the Ares having the best externals. Why not go for the best of both worlds and get a TM recoil with Ares externals? I know a guy who may be letting one go for a bargain price!

If Pan' can do it, so can I!
                    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

We use the JG one's for rental guns in my work. Tough bits of kit, fire great right out of the box.
                      If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

bamf and panoptes, tempting as both are, and they very tempting they are a little out of my price range at the mo. plus you dont want to be hanging about waiting for my UKARA to clear when they could be in a good home. just to confuse matters further i've been offered the g&g gun i borrowed with a selection of optics that might help with the low sight problem. its a g&g CM16 R8L, any horror stories?

Comment

the G&G cm16s are excellent starter guns. just check its not been abused

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fangsnatcher 43 year old ex army staff sergeant rediscovering my love of running about and shooting people Find out more about fangsnatcher
                          Working...
                          X