Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Blood group patches and additional info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood group patches and additional info?

Hi folks.

Just wondering about blood group patches.
    Do you guys wear correct patches that match your bloodtypes?

I've had a blood test a few months ago on the NHS but what would I do to obtain the details of my blood group, because Id love a patch.

Re: Blood group patches and additional info?

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1014.asp...CategoryID=162

I'd imagine you'd only have to ask!
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I have both NKA and O- patches. Had them on my old PC but there is no room on my new one!

They are only for show as any EMS would disregard them anyway.
      TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Probably but i have one on by bike jacket just incase anyway.

AB+ FTW
        Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

I'm an A-

Considering patches as I'm fairly accident prone but if they won't have any notice taken of, then it's probably not worth it.

Found it out by giving blood when I went back for the second time. If you're curious about finding your blood type, I'd recommend you donate blood in the process - it's for a good cause and you never know if you'll ever need to receive any.

Comment

They wont take any notice of patches, even in the forces (according to ARRSE) they dont bother, they do a blood group check before administering blood. NKA patches might be useful however as testing for drug allergies is a bit more time consuming (as there are so many drugs out there!)
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

You forget that its standard proceedure to cross match before transfusion in the more advanced countries, where if any blood is given at immediate aid level its usually either synthetic generic or expander fluids. Other allied forces may not be as advanced at RAP level...

Sent from a smartphone... and?
              Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

A+ Your blood donor card has your blood group on it so that's how i found out.

If i did wear them I would wear correct ones though
                Upcoming Games:
                None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Of course, if you know your correct blood type then obviously you may aswell get a patch saying it.

Working for an NHS EMS, we would pay no attention to it whatsoever.. Blood units are only given in hospital... Where they would do a blood test and crossmatch units..

In any situation where it could be useful, we'll fill you with fluids; not blood!

So who cares what it says!

Comment

Originally posted by aaron-hill09 View Post
                    Of course, if you know your correct blood type then obviously you may aswell get a patch saying it.

Working for an NHS EMS, we would pay no attention to it whatsoever.. Blood units are only given in hospital... Where they would do a blood test and crossmatch units..

In any situation where it could be useful, we'll fill you with fluids; not blood!

So who cares what it says!
                    With this and other posts I'm now wondering what the hell the blood type patches are for...
                    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                    Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrisianspirit View Post
                      With this and other posts I'm now wondering what the hell the blood type patches are for...
                      Swag.

I really cant believe I just said that.

Comment

what aaron said is what i got told by a Nurse friend, they won't care. only when they get back to the Hospital.

Comment

I only found out mine when I was messing about on jpa.

It's probably more worthwhile getting one that says 'Please X Match'

Comment

The practice of marking blood grps on kit came about during the cold war within NATO, during this time the synthetic blood replacement fluids were not avalible and whole blood was the only choice. Alot of british soliders had the name/number/blood group tatooed during the 70's and 80's for this purpose.

Comment

Hapi is quite correct. I have my blood group, O Pos, name and number tattooed on my right shoulder and the top of my right thigh.
                              "Momento Te Esse Mortalium"
                              "Im not FAT.....Im HUSKY"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cactus Im a newbie to airsoft, But I do enjoy it. :) Find out more about cactus
                              Working...
                              X