Radio's and connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio's and connectors

done a search found nothing that answers my question so ive recently purchased my first airsoft headset as i couldnt find a civvy radio that fitted my bowman properly so anyway....ive got a headset and a ptt adaptor that fits a motorola fair enough theese retail for around £110 ish ive already got a cheap radio that has a 2 pin plug but they are 11mm apart is there an adaptor i can get? to change my motorola 2 pin ptt to this 11mm..... or is there a cheap ptt that i can get for a airsoft headset directly fot the 11mm 2 pin???
    any help would be fab thanks

Re: radio's and connectors

What headset do you have at the moment? Guessing it may be one of the replica bowmans headsets in which case you can get a PTT with the right radio connector probably almost as cheap as an adapter if there is one.
    Originally posted by Fenriz
    I deliberately and maliciously gun for anyone running a boxmag in any weapon that's not a proper support weapon. It's sick and wrong, and people that do it should be put on a register...

Comment

its not a clone ive got at the moment but i do have a clone waiting for me for christmas but i cant find a ptt with an 11mm plug anywhere....to be honest i cant find anything that is an 11mm 2 pin at all :/

Comment

What's the radio make and model?
        I've not found any with 11mm spacing. All I've found are 8, 10, or 12mm. None 11.

In fact, 11 is too close to 10 and 12 to make it an effective barrier to wrongly connecting.

The reason for the spacing difference:
        10mm (Icom) has the speaker on the 3.5mm, mic on the 2.5mm.
        12mm (Kenwood) has the speaker on the 2.5mm, mic on the 3.5mm.

Comment

Re: Radio's and connectors

Your problem is your radio, don't scrimp on radios, get a decent one and always check that the connector type has a compatible PTT available.

Many cheap brands use a two pin system, it just isn't compatible with Moto two pins. Midland radios earlier models were quite cheap and although they have a two pin system they won't work with anything, luckily you can now get midland two pin PTT's. Midlands newer radios are by no means considered cheap, the midland G14 is an excellent radio and uses the kenwood two pin system.

Icom radios are considered to be outstanding performers and again use thier own two pin system.

If you need anymore advice drop me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
            Icom radios are considered to be outstanding performers and again use thier own two pin system.
            You say that as though it's a problem, but I keep seeing the Icom connector described as "standard"...

They ARE better than the Kenwood one because you can easily plug in any 3.5mm headphone if you only need to listen.

Comment

The Icom connector is standard in that it is a two pin system, which is considered standard but the Icom two pin is proprietary and only Icom specific PTT's will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
                The Icom connector is standard in that it is a two pin system, which is considered standard but the Icom two pin is proprietary and only Icom specific PTT's will work.
                Same could be said of the Kenwood 2-pin system. The difference is, as I said, that you can't plug any standard headphone straight into a Kenwood socket because the speaker output is on the 2.5mm on the Kenwood.

According to a chart I have ( http://www.radios-uk.com/radioPlugs.htm ), the Icom connection is used on some Cobra and Maxon radios.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                X