Lonex flash mags into P-Mag casing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonex flash mags into P-Mag casing

Do you think it would be possible to take the internals of a Lonex M4 flash mag and get them into a P-Mag casing?

Does anyone know of a service for this or if it's even possible? I know I'd have to work on some form of latch for the bottom of a P-Mag to house the draw string for the flash mag....

Thanks

Re: Lonex flash mags into P-Mag casing

Don't see why not, I did this http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...Lonex)-Project

My flash M4 mags are longer than a regular M4 hicap (170mm V 150mm) so you probably won't be able to do a straight swap of the internals.

Do the bottoms come off of the Pmags somehow?

SAS

Comment

The bottom of the P mags have a ranger plate, you push a small button down and they slide off.
      IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Wicked. I'm going to get a pack of mid-cap pmags and see if I can mod a flash mag into a p-mag then!

Comment

From my dealings with M4 flash mags, they're very similar internally to ordinary hi caps. Some parts are even interchangeable. e.g. I've used the ratchet springs from standard hi caps to replace broken ones in flash mags.
          I'd be inclined to start with a hicap P-mag.

However, I'd rather make them for guns that don't have them available. e.g Sidewinderforge's MP5 version (the idea of which I may steal for Thompson mags).

Comment

Do the hicaps have this facility, given the winding wheel is there?

Originally posted by Saltyyy View Post
            The bottom of the P mags have a ranger plate, you push a small button down and they slide off.

Comment

No Side because there are no official P-MAG high caps that I'm aware of, mid caps only.

And if you're buying the box of 5/10 PMAGS that won't work because they're the green label ones, which have the ranger plate moulded onto the bottom, the £20 M versions have the detachable ranger plate, I'll take a photo in a bit.

Comment

I've seen "G&P Magpul PTS 330rd Hi-Cap Magazine" that are "Licensed Airsoft High Capacity version of Famous MAGPUL PMAG™"

The base has a screw in it to fix the internals, so I guess they would be same as the normal mags.

SAS

Comment

Well, I'll be damned, someone's made one. Not had any experience with the high caps so no idea :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wobbit Find out more about wobbit
                  Working...
                  X