1st new rifle: ICS, G&G or G&P?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st new rifle: ICS, G&G or G&P?

My ics was poop had lots of issues with it. And the lack of customization is also a downer. I'm now looking for a g&p after people have recommended them higher than g&g and I used a friends sentry and loved it

Comment

Ics has the perk of quick change piston, so you can alter the FPS for cqb sites in seconds. No needs to open the gearbox!

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
        You seem to think im an "wot am bestust m4?" kid. Simply put, the ones ive fixed have come down to gear failure. I may not have 10 years (5 actually but hey) experience, but i have enough to post my experiences.
        Same as some celcius CTWs last for ages, the two ive used havent lasted a game out the box...
        There you go see, you've made a blanket statement about thier gears being made out of cheese and yet me and hundreds of others have had no issues with them whatsoever, I have found in my experience that the majority of gears in G&P's ripping themselves apart is due to people using batteries that weren't meant for them or tinkering with them when they don't know what they are doing.

As I have said many times, a persons opinion is only valid if you have had the experience of owning all of the makes. It's the only way to give proper educated advice on which brand is better.

As I said in my first post, they all have issues and each has thier advantages. Starting posts like this invariably creates friction because each of us like to think they own the bestest gun. As for your comment about Celsius, they and Systema were never meant to be Airsoft guns, they were always meant to be training weapons and should be treated as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
          There you go see, you've made a blanket statement about thier gears being made out of cheese and yet me and hundreds of others have had no issues with them whatsoever, I have found in my experience that the majority of gears in G&P's ripping themselves apart is due to people using batteries that weren't meant for them or tinkering with them when they don't know what they are doing.

As I have said many times, a persons opinion is only valid if you have had the experience of owning all of the makes. It's the only way to give proper educated advice on which brand is better.

As I said in my first post, they all have issues and each has thier advantages. Starting posts like this invariably creates friction because each of us like to think they own the bestest gun. As for your comment about Celsius, they and Systema were never meant to be Airsoft guns, they were always meant to be training weapons and should be treated as such.
          What is the point of a forum if you can't express your opinions even if they aren't as 'worldy' as you would like them to be...

I'm pretty sure the op asked us for our own opinions.. If jonnys opinion is that G&P gears are rubbish, then counteract that statement by saying that you found them to be the opposite rather that pointing fingers and slandering other members.
          Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
          Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
          Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
          Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

All three companies now make great guns, pick something made by any of them and you shouldn't go far wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Trigger View Post
              What is the point of a forum if you can't express your opinions even if they aren't as 'worldy' as you would like them to be...

I'm pretty sure the op asked us for our own opinions.. If jonnys opinion is that G&P gears are rubbish, then counteract that statement by saying that you found them to be the opposite rather that pointing fingers and slandering other members.
              I don't have a problem with an opinion as such, notice I have said anything about anyone elses opinion, I do have a problem with blanket 'G&P are shite' statements.

Slander by the way is a verbal communication of defamatory remarks made by one person to another regarding a third person, since the communication was neither verbal nor directed at a third person it cannot be slanderous. It would at best be libelous but again that again is third party comments rather than comments made to the person, for my comments I'm afraid there is no legal precedent.

Comment

My bad Wikipedia.., I mean Andrew.

Lol only joking, fair enough thanks for the correction there (in all seriousness), its good to learn something new!

And fair enough I do agree with you, but he only said there gears are shite, wasn't the need for the singling out IMO..

OP- I would go with ICS! :D
                Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
                Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
                Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
                Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Thanks people for the replies. I realise that there are some that have bad experiences with one make and others will like only another make. Way it goes in everything it seems. From what I have read here there are pro's and con's with all makes and each one is as good. Really liking the look of the Troy M7A1 from G&P so that may be the one!

Comment

Originally posted by Half Trigger View Post
                    My bad Wikipedia.., I mean Andrew.

Lol only joking, fair enough thanks for the correction there (in all seriousness), its good to learn something new!

And fair enough I do agree with you, but he only said there gears are shite, wasn't the need for the singling out IMO..

OP- I would go with ICS! :D
                    LOL, I actually like the ICS M4's apart from the minor innacuracies and sometimes PITA accessories.

Comment

ICS or G&P, I won't mention anything about G&G, as I've never used one personally, but their product quality seems to be getting better every time they release a new range of products.

As for the other two manufacturers I've mentioned, I either own products made by them personally, or I've used them in the past.
                      Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

They're all shite!!!

That's a joke.

G&G top tech range is excellent and you could do worse than a 416. Good external quality as well as performance. You may also find a nice 18 month warranty on your purchase depending on where you buy.

G&P are good performers, I've had 3 M4's and they are all solid. I ruined one with a 11.1 Lipo, oops my bad, but you learn. Motor on G&P is favourable over others as it produces a nice ROF. ROF isn't everything but these are nice.

ICS split gearbox is an excellent concept and allows as said for easy spring change. Top quality wire inside and build quality is good. External upgrade would be my beef with the IcS M4 range.

All 3 are great and trust me when I say this purchase certainly won't be your last. There is no wrong answer here, why? Cause in 6 months you'll want something else!!

That's the bug of Airsoft

Comment

Farstarbuck you are, of course, totally right! Have my eye set on a couple of other rifles as well and so has my son. He doesn't understand why I want an M4 and a shorter version for CQB and then and then. Lol

Comment

I personaly highly rate the ICS m4, i have had mine 3 years with no issue, never skips a beat ( touch wood ) a reliable work horse that just keeps going, provided you ask advice from owners on external upgrades you will find them easily customisable.
                            All the best
                            Jon
                            ICS M4
                            KSC Glock 17
                            Classic Army MP5 A5
                            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Curly68 Find out more about Curly68
                            Working...
                            X