Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decisions decisions !

Hi all

Justed wanted to ask for some advice and get some feedback, I am in the process of picking my new sniper rifle and I am not sure which way to go.
    So I have a budget around £300 to £400 (could push for a bit more if need be) and I cant decide on what to get. Here's what I have been looking at:

-TM l96 aws
    -Ares SSR AW338

Any advice/comments/info welcome

Re: decisions decisions !

Personally I'd pick the AW338 any time, and do it up to L115A3 spec
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

neither.... both use the rail and pickup system, prone to breaking, jamming and generally being a complete pain in the arse, all for the ability to have the mag in the correct placement...

Comment

I'd take that over gay mag placement any day.
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

lol!

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
            neither.... both use the rail and pickup system, prone to breaking, jamming and generally being a complete pain in the arse, all for the ability to have the mag in the correct placement...
            I have been reading reviews on both all day and not come across this issue....what would you suggest as a better rifle than the 2 I named above ?

Comment

snipings not my thing i'm afraid fella, but I used to be a tech at one of the largest shops in the country, and the ares was a thorn in our side.... as was the ashbury, which has near on the same internals as the tm, even asg put a thread up on their facebook page, a "superglue here" fix for the track that splays open... that and if the pick up blade (not its real name, but what it is...) snapping, and being a complete ball ache to fix!

Comment

Shame to hear these mechs aren't all that reliable. Was hoping to use one to make a bulpup-bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
                  snipings not my thing i'm afraid fella, but I used to be a tech at one of the largest shops in the country, and the ares was a thorn in our side.... as was the ashbury, which has near on the same internals as the tm, even asg put a thread up on their facebook page, a "superglue here" fix for the track that splays open... that and if the pick up blade (not its real name, but what it is...) snapping, and being a complete ball ache to fix!
                  I am leaning more towards to TM L96 aws, I have took on board what you have said and have been searching to find more out about that issue, but I cant seem to find any.

Comment

much less so with the TM, only had one apart, but the others have used the same design of pick up and are not so good, i'd go with the TM

Comment

My mate has a TM and hasn't broken one yet, even though he bought 2 spare just in case! However, a UK retailer has just announced they are getting in Aluminium ones in which I would assume would solve the problem, if there is one at all. Also, well (I think, or a similar Chinese clone manufacturer) have recently released a clone of the TM so more parts will become available as more people will have interest in them I thnik.
                      "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

I have owned the TM for around 4 years. It's the only rifle i have EVER had which has never failed on me to date. The loading mechanism is not that fragile!! To be honest, you would have to be extremely careless or clumsy to break the loading nozzle and the loading assembly. Recommend it thoroughly.

Comment

the simple fact is, I have fixed other airsofters .338's. initially, the TM, then the clones, the thing that breaks is the loading fin...

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=tm+l96+l...w=1536&bih=740

plenty of others with the same issue....

It was only released late 2009, so i'm guessing you havent owned if for 4 years

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post
                            My mate has a TM and hasn't broken one yet, even though he bought 2 spare just in case! However, a UK retailer has just announced they are getting in Aluminium ones in which I would assume would solve the problem, if there is one at all. Also, well (I think, or a similar Chinese clone manufacturer) have recently released a clone of the TM so more parts will become available as more people will have interest in them I thnik.
                            Are you referring to aspuk by any chance ? If I get the TM I will be upgrading the loading plate to the metal one right away plus the cylinder, cylinder head and a few other things from aspuk. I have head so much positive feedback about the TM I think my mind is made up. Thanks for all the info guys its been really helpful.

Comment

Well after a lot of research and reading I decided on the TM L96 AWS, Thanks for the advice

Upgrade list so far:

ASPUK Diamond ring piston sear
                              ASPUK Cylinder Set
                              ASPUK Blackend coated steel cylinder
                              ASPUK Steel Cylinder Head
                              ASPUK Aliminium Loading Plate

Just waiting for the new springs to be made

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Justin85 Find out more about Justin85
                              Working...