Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP7 Mags.....What Pouches?

Hi guys,

Iv brought myself a MP7 with a load of mags. But I havent got a clue of what pouches to use for them. What do other MP7 users use?

I got both long and short mags.

Re: MP7 Mags.....What Pouches?

Personally I just have my long MP7 mags in ACM M4 pouches, the Velcro closing type. I've got five mags, each in their pouch, have used them for over ten games and never lost one!
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

You can run them in M4 pouches companies like LBT do MP7 specific pouches in a variety of colours.

Comment

Ferro Concepts also make a few solutions.

Comment

MP5 pouches work fine.

I use Begadi Open top MP5/MP7 pouches.
          Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

I've had this problem for years and have used multiple options. Depends on what your running.

6094 vest can have MP7 mag pouch inserts.

As stated above MP5 mag pouches work too and are widely available.

Elasticated mag pouches like blue force gear pouches work.

Pistol mag pouches work as an open top option or get/make Velcro extenders to create a closed top option.

Some china brands make specific MP7 mag pouches in nearly all camos and this is what I'm running at the minute and I find are the most successful.

Comment

I don't have an MP7 yet, but I got some custom extended TACOs made up for when I do:

I reckon that normal pistol sized TACOs would work very well if you really tighten them down, especially if the mags aren't GBB.
              REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

MP7 mags have a bit of a lip around the halfway point... Would probably cause a few issues jamming them into tacos if they are as long as the above...

Comment

It's only drawing them that I'm bothered about, and they will slide out just fine. I'll only be putting them in the pouches in the safe zone when time isn't critical, so it's really a non-issue.

Also the reason I mentioned the standard pistol size, won't be a problem either way with those.

Comment

Obviously the small mags fit in pretty much any pistol mag pouch, the issue is the longer mags.

Kinnerley you may have issues with those pouches due to the ridge about halfway down an MP7 mag, those pouches look fairly tight (cool though, who made you custom TACOs?).

I have the Begadi open top pouches as well - I'm not a huge fan, again because of the ridge on the mags they don't go all the way down the pouches, meaning that not only is there some wasted space at the bottom of the pouch but the mags sit too high for my liking and wobble about too much (center of mass is too high).

I have the TMC open top MP7 pouches, they're kinda low quality (MOLLE straps on mine were a bit off, had to do some sewing) and the 'tabs' on the elastic are too big, but apart from that they work fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman View Post
                      Obviously the small mags fit in pretty much any pistol mag pouch, the issue is the longer mags.

Kinnerley you may have issues with those pouches due to the ridge about halfway down an MP7 mag, those pouches look fairly tight (cool though, who made you custom TACOs?).
                      I was referring to the longer mags in pistol pouches, that's why I said to cinch the TACO down tight. I've already tried it with the AEP mags, works great. Not to say GBB ones might wobble or fall out, but I've not had the opportunity to test that yet.

Trust me when I say I don't commission someone to make custom pouches at not-inconsiderable expense without thinking it through. I don't own an MP7 myself but I know people that do, so I've checked out the size/shape of the extended mags, as I say, it works. I can't link to the guy of course, but if you look around for some custom MTP Crye combat trousers on other forums you'll find him.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

brewer17 Find out more about brewer17
                      Working...
                      X