Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Read before you plan to upgrade your Xmas gun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read before you plan to upgrade your Xmas gun.

In an effort to calm the amount of posts about "what upgrades for my new gun" I thought I'd throw down a few words and advice.

So... You have a new gun for Christmas, or you are a relatively new airsofter with a bunch of Christmas gained money burning a hole in your pocket leaving you with a similar quandry "what upgrades should I spend it on?!"

This is just one man's advice, but...

Don't spend all that money on upgrades to get another 20fps out of your gun, or that new "magical" hop upgrade that will make you "outrange everything on the field"... Why not, you may ask? Well, you'll find yourself disappointed or underwhelmed in 90% of these situations.

Save you money and go to some more games in the new year, new sites and buy yourself more BBs and spend the money PLAYING airsoft instead of fussing over some annoying springs and cogs. Instead of worrying about getting 20ft more range, worry about how you are going to get 20ft closer before taking the shot.

Sound advice. I used to spend tonnes of money and time researching and shopping for upgrades, buying more and more expensive guns. It actually made me fall out of love with the game.

Swapped my endlessly troublesome recoil for 2 blowback MP5s, and got myself a low profile load bearing rig, and away I went again, actually playing, getting more exercise, and falling back in love with the game

Comment

Re: Read before you plan to upgrade your Xmas gun.

I disagree. Spend it all on upgrades. However, if you don't spend at least £200 and get at least at 20FPS speed increase and a 20ft range increase you are a failure as an airsofter.
      Last edited by blytm; 26 December, 2012, 13:36.
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
        Sound advice. I used to spend tonnes of money and time researching and shopping for upgrades, buying more and more expensive guns. It actually made me fall out of love with the game.

Swapped my endlessly troublesome recoil for 2 blowback MP5s, and got myself a low profile load bearing rig, and away I went again, actually playing, getting more exercise, and falling back in love with the game
        I'm in that stage at the moment.
        TM Recoil SCar-H is a fantastic gun, but causing me no end of issues at the moment.

Got a TM G36C as a backup, but anything I get in future is going to be simple, light and compact.

Comment

Good shout B.E.N

Having no skill with a highly tuned gun is a bit like giving Stevie Wonder a sniper rifle.

Improving your skill / knowledge (mostly through experience) is the foundation all players should be aiming for... THEN improving your gun will you an unstoppable killing machine.

Just like me <----- Sarcasm, check out the smiley!

Comment

Chaps this isn't a discussion on Systema's so keep on topic...

Comment

Yes B.E.N, very sound advice.
              Post Christmas Ai article?
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yup, especially for the new player, the first things to improve your game will be mags and the like. I feel bad for the kids who've clearly blown their whole wad on a fancy AEG and are stuck behind a tree spilling their bag of BBs in the leafmould trying to refill their single hicap.

Not so bad I don't shoot them mind you... I'm not Gandhi.
                Last edited by Figjam; 26 December, 2012, 18:10. Reason: because I'm a mong who can't spell, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by blytm View Post
                  Chaps this isn't a discussion on Systema's so keep on topic...
                  Hmmm.... forum rules broken? no? sense of humour failure? too much power/time on hands? fail.....

Comment

I think its more because whilst we joke others actually take it seriously and then it turns into the usual p1ssing contest and 5h1t slinging contest.
                    I think a good call for the sake of the children and B.E.Ns thread putting good info across.
                    Also the secondary objective of hopefully cutting down on the 'I got a new gun for chrimbo and I want to upgrade to a bazzillion FPS, wot do am need to do dis?' threads that always happen.
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Thanks BEN! Good advice

My christmas present should be ready soon Then I can go grab it, newly refreshed PTW :P All exterior work though, so I won't be disappointed

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Soooo, a really expensive wall hanger?

I joke before anyone starts slagging.

Comment

No jokes allowed in here!

Not that expensive... £130 on a new rail. £70 on a new barrel. £40 on a new rear iron sight.

Unfortunately I just pre-ordered myself a Colt Prime receiver kit...

Might buy a KWA MP7 so my PTW can stay in its reinforced gold plated alarmed display case...

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

The price of a new gun alone there. Or 10 from a BB gun retailer run by a fat man thats not santa claus!

Comment

I do want an MP7 though, been spending months working out whether to get the KWA or the TM....

Other than an MP7 there are no guns that take my fancy at the moment, will probably just skirmish my M4 this year and get an MP7 at some point.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

B.E.N. Intensive airsofter and forum heckler. I like dismantling stuff. Find out more about B.E.N.
                              Working...
                              X