Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS Batteries

Hello,

I'm a bit confused by ICS guns and the need for special batteries.
    I understand that their guns with crane stocks need a special type of crane stock batteries made just for ICS guns, but why is that?
    Also, does this apply to all of their guns with crane stocks, or are the exceptions?
    Finally, is there a way around it? (I mean, can other battery types be used or is there a simple way to make other batteries work in it?)

Sorry about all the questions and thanks for any help.

Re: ICS Batteries

Cant see why you couldn't throw any crane or stock tube lipo in there?

Comment

I think it's because their crane stocks have ICS specific connectors, so nothing else will fit without modification.

As above, if you don't mind changing the connector over to deans (or similar) you can use any battery you like. I run 7.4v stock tube and peq boxes on my ICS guns.

Comment

you can re wire it and just solder on a mini tamiya or deans ..i did that no worries and i`m no gun tech

Comment

What's so special about the battery/ connection?

Comment

Looks like a small tamiya to me?
            Upcoming Games:
            None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
            Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Thought they had a specific connector on the back of the stock so the battery just slotted in, but just had a google and I must have been thinking about another brand. ICS batteries do indeed seem to be standard mini Tamiya connectors!

Comment

The Tamiya connector is supposed to be just for charging it, and they have a special slot-in connector. It's very easy to change the wiring and use standard batteries though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheWere-Donkey Find out more about TheWere-Donkey
                Working...
                X