Should I buy it? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy it? Help

Hi guys, well after having a play with a WE M4 GBB the other day, I want one. BUT I can't afford one and then a couple of spare mags at £35+ each :-(

I have been offered an AGM M4a1 RIS in mint condition with no marks along with 4gas tight mags. I've done the reviews on YouTube and google and their mixed.
    I believe their based on the Western Arms M4 so parts are apparently interchangeable. It's completely stock and had around 1000 rounds through it.

This would be my first GBB but I've had lots of AEG's. It's going for £180 picked up.
    What's your thoughts?
    Mark

Re: Should I buy it? Help

Get a GBB where you can easilly get replacement parts, dont paint yourself into a corner with something which, if anything breaks on it you cannot replace.

Now WE have most of their crap parts remade by RA-Tech and they are widely available without too much effort, GHK too have parts widely available (in my experience anyways).

I dont know about AGM but I would consider this first.

Then there is availabilty of mags, 4 I find is the sweet spot with GBBR's, anymore are dead weight and any less you end up magging up every 20 secs!

Whatever you decide, enjoy the recoil and the noise as these things are brilliant :D

Comment

From what I've heard from people. The AGM GBB M4s are cheap and nasty, and to be avoided at all costs. I really wouldn't bother mate. Just chinasoft rubbish from what I've been told. Best off saving and waiting that bit longer for something that will do you well pal
      “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Hi mate, thanks for the response.
        It comes with 4 gas tight mags, it's based on the WA M4a1 RIS open bolt. It's completely stock and only had 1000 rounds shot through it.
        I've checked google and RA-tech make most bits for it (well WA's) but their not cheap parts.
        I just thought for £180 a GBB with 4 mags is "okay" just don't want to end up with a shite gun.
        Mark

Comment

You could pick up a we m4 on here second hand for around the £200 mark. If your on a budget I wouldn't get a gbbr cost far too much money in mags, gas and maintainence

Comment

So for my max budget of say...£300 what's available taking into account I'd need mags and probably an NPAS. I do quite like the WE Scar L @£250

I don't mind the maintenance side of it, I shoot IPSC and strip, clean and mod my race gun. I find it quite therapeutic really.
            Gas isn't such an issue as I'd go either co2 or propane to cut the costs down.

Mark

Comment

I personally would go for the we scar, sound amazing and for £300 could get one second hand with a load of mags and npas fitted.

Comment

I'm thinking towards the same idea mate, just need to find one now! Lol

Comment

I'd steer clear of WE's stuff. The internals are made of nasty pot alloys, and putting RA-Tech steel parts in just causes other parts to wear even more prematurely. WA pattern guns are the most realistic around, but also the most expensive to get skirmishable. If you want a GBBR that works for a reasonable price, have a look at G&G's M4s. They don't have bolt lock, but they do seem to work very well and they are dirt cheap (think £120 for the rifle). KWA's LM4 is also supposed to be out-of-the-box excellent.

Comment

I've heard nothing but good things about the KWA LM4. It fires even with the mag in freezing water, so it should work all year round!
                    sigpic

Comment

Western Arms M4s are great imo. Mags are expensive but theres a nice choice out there, and a huge range of upgrades and parts.

King Arms M4 GBBRs look good and are very reasonably priced too.

Comment

I think the main issue you are going to have is the fact of unreliability.

GBB guns are so unpredictable i PERSONALLY think that it will ruin the whole experiance, and the fact your FPS will be varied on the weather and the reliability is the same too. I have heard that they can be difficult to repair and find parts for and they need to be virtually serviced after everygame (at least cleaned) to make sure nothing can jam up.

I would look at getting a good level AEG to be honest, they are just as good. Easy to maintain and easy to repair.

Comment

Rubbish.

If you know what your doing they are fantastic and dont sound like sewing machines.

Parts are easily available from most places in HK for very little money, a new TMH housing for a WE GBBR usually goes for around $30 - $40 where as new gearbox internals could set you back up to $150 or more depending on what you buy.

As long as you fit an NPAS then you can adjust the FPS accordingly regardless of weather.

They do not have to be maintained after every game more like every 2 - 3 and even then its usually very minor work such as barrel cleaning, adding greese/silicone spray to areas. These things should be dont to AEGs aswell.

GBBRs in my opinion are also easier to repair as you can see exactly what all the moving parts are doing and where they fit. Most parts just slide out, or come out with a couple screws and go back just as easily.

Comment

WE guns are now the way ahead.

They have improved lots in recent times. The parts are readily available and there are aftermarket spares from other manufacturers too.

They cost a bit more, but at least you will be able to get spares when the need arises rather than skipping a whole gun because the bit that makes it work is unavailable.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedie View Post
                              and they need to be virtually serviced after everygame (at least cleaned) to make sure nothing can jam up.
                              If your not cleaning your guns properly after each skirmish your doing something wrong IMHO...
                              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rubi-tong Find out more about rubi-tong
                              Working...
                              X