Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gap between RIS and reciever. Help?

Hi guys.

Whilst its not a game stopping issue, there is a gap between my Larue RIS and my top reciever. Does anyone know of how to get rid of that gap? Are certain tools needed?

Heres a pic so you know what I mean:

Re: Gap between RIS and reciever. Help?

Maybe the barrel nut needs tightening a few more turns

Comment

There is a huge delta ring in the way. Unless you switch to a free float that doesn't attach to an exposed delta ring, there will always be that gap. It's just that style of RIS.

Comment

Yep, it's not meant to be flush to the receiver, for that you need a Daniel Defence rail system.

Comment

I think what he means is that the back of the larue barrel nut locates either side of the receiver to keep the rails lined up correctly.

First off - if you paid someone to install that for you demand that they re-do it because they've done a cack handed job (unless it doesnt actually fit properly

Secondly - have a look at how to install the thing online, if you did the rail system yourself then have another look, if someone else did it show them the instruction manual

To everyone who stated the obvious - there should be no gap between the back of this and the receiver:

Coski - does your rifle have a mock gas tube? If it does it would make installing the RIS a bit easier I imagine.

Just google "how to install larue RIS"
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I can't see the detail well enough in the picture but I think you might be right dave, I do remember there were some issues with LaRue RIS on some TM's and older G&P receivers.

Comment

There's a good few mils between the nut and the reciever!
              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

If its the Big Dragon rail system it comes with a selection of shims that allow you to get the rail nice n tight and aligned at the same time (so the gas tube can fit through the barrel nut) - if whoever assembled it used THEM ALL (it comes with 10 or so) that may be the cause of the problems!

Comment

Could be that the threads were slightly off spec (like various G&P uppers have compatibility issues with Madbull stuff). I had an upper where the barrel nut only went on a short way before it started to bind. Might be a similar problem here. It looks like you can see the thread from the upper behind the barrel nut.

Also: Just throwing this out there upon noticing the flash hider... is the outer barrel in upside down? If I fit a spare barrel upside down in a spare upper here it creates that kind of gap. The hop won't go in but there's a gap :D

Comment

Cheers Dave, you are indeed correct about what I was asking. Sorry to everyone else if I didnt make myself clear!

I didnt get the RIS installed myself. Its a genuine Larue if that makes any difference? The actual RIS is very tight on the gun, just a bit further away from the reciever than Id like.

Comment

Have a chat with the person who fitted it and see what they have to say about fitting it - could have been they didnt want to get it any tighter for fear of damaging the receiver!

Comment

I think Opossum might be spot on.

What make is the receiver?
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Okay bud, cheers .

My guess is that your probably right about the installer being worried about damaging the reciever. It is a plastic reciever being a WA, so not the strongest of things.

Comment

Sounds about right - if it's a WA then the receiver should have on-spec threads...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                            Working...
                            X