Ares L85a2 handguard rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares L85a2 handguard rail

Was after some information on which handguard rail is a direct fit on the ares.
    Have heard the madbull one doesn't fit.

Thanks for any help

RS:- direct fit.
    Hornbill:- direct fit.
    Madbull:- wont fit.

There's also one you might find out there made by WE for the WE L85, that (I believe) is the same as the Hornbill one but comes with extras to allow it to fit the WE version.

Comment

Re: Ares L85a2 handguard rail

i had to mod my ares and star alot to get a rs and hornbill to fit had to saw part of the body lugs off and do allsorts to the gasblock and rail its self

Comment

My apologies there, I forgot about the filing of the gas block and lugs on the TMH

Comment

By contrast, I own a Star and Ares L85, both with RS DD Rail Systems, and neither required the gas block filing. The Star required filing on the body lugs, then mulliput in the recesses on the RIS to get a snug fit (it fitted before, but not as securely as I wanted). The Ares went on with just a hammer to give it a thwack the first few times (through a folded over tea towel - don't hit the RIS directly, you might dent it).

I think different batches might be slightly different to account for the differences, but although tight the gas blocks have been fine on both mine. The one thing that doesn't fit perfectly is the front sling loop, which I find annoying - but tighten it up and it serves fine.

Comment

for my star which i use as my primary now ive got a G&G sling mount and screw in mine thats all that will fit i had to move the gasblock forward on my barrel by doing a few bits inside then take a dremel to the top cover of the ris so it could sit furtherback to get a fit right daf on

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Steveo.26 Find out more about Steveo.26
            Working...
            X