Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpul P Mags

Hi and happy new year!
    I am looking to pimp my little M4 up a bit and was looking at using Magpul P mags 75/90 rounds. I have heard that there are some feeding problems with them though. Is that correct?
    At the moment I am using some cheap Armalite 120 round mags that mostly feed ok. As the P mags are going to be twice as much as the Armalites, I want to make sure they are good mags.
    Thanks in advance

Re: Magpul P Mags

depends on the gun, our p mags feed fine with certain manufacturers but not others

Comment

i used magpul P-mags (not the chinese green label ones) and never had a problem
      they fit and fed in my m4 and masada just fine. they didnt fit in my tar21 though

Comment

Also depends if you have the genuine Magpul P mags or the PTS Green Label ones. The Green Label ones are the cheaper version and can usually be bought in packs of 5/10 whereas the genuine ones are sold individually.

For me, the Green Label ones were problematic and mis-fed all over the show. The genuine P mags that I have feed flawlessly in almost all of my guns (except my ICS M16).

It seems that some some guns/makes will happily accept them whereas others seem a bit fussy
        sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Ok, thanks for the replies. It looks like I will have to get a genuine Magpul mag and try it.
          Next question, which may seem like a dumb one. How do you tell the difference between genuine Magpul P mag and a green label one? What is green label?

Comment

The price and number of rounds they hold.

5 green label or beta's will set you back £40ish

5 PTS 120's will set you back £95ish

Beta project and green label hold fewer rounds (75), genuine PTS hold 120 rounds.

Comment

I had star pmags and they were quite franky shite didnt feed in my m4 and the cap that holds the spring pinged off and had 30 bb's in my face... Pts mags i cannot fault them feed flawlesly in all my guns (m4 and masada) and my friends guns all 15 of them lol drop them by accident and youll be sure they will work when you pick them up.
              Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

PTS pmags dont even fit in my m4... if you can borrow a mag to see if it fits in your gun DO IT before buying one - certainly saved me some cash!
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

As all of above, real P mags work a treat, green label ones arent so good.. these normally have a less capacity and if im corretc usually fake windows on the sides.

just check that P mags are compaitable with your rifle as some guns, e.g HK416 and L85 P mags dont work in (without modding) and they have there own mag
                  FOR SALE
                  7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                  , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

The Green Label mags are smaller capacities (75 rounds i think) whereas the genuine Magpul P mags are, to my knowledge, only available in 120rd capacity. Other differences is the colour, i know for a fact their version of "Dark Earth" isnt the same as the Magpul version, its darker and looks more shiny. The base plate is also glued/moulded in place and cannot be removed, whereas on the Magpul ones it can be removed.

Genuine Magpul ones go fro between £17-20 per mag, the Green Label ones are usually a box of 5/10. Prices vary. The alternative is an E mag, which was designed for some weapons that couldnt take a P mag (im talking real steel here). The E mag is smoother near the top (the P mags have grooves) so they might fit in some guns better than others. Can't say for sure, best bet is to find somebody with one and try it out
                    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

If your playing at a friendly site, most regulars will let you try their P Mags for a game or two

Also remember some guns are fussy on BB's being used, hence if your looking at mags because you're having feeding issues, first try some different quality BB's.
                      - Always seek the path of least resistance / cash expenditure

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Curly68 Find out more about Curly68
                      Working...
                      X