Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG AW .308 - Worth Upgrading?

Hello all,

I have myself a ASG AW .308 and I can't help but feel it would be more accurate and consistent with upgrades.

Whilst talking with a guy at a recent skirmish he gave me the impression that upgrading it wasn't worth it as the parts are hard to find and its a waste of money (Although I thought the ASG was a clone of Well).

Can anybody shed some light on this? Is it worth me upgrading and if so what upgrades are compatible.
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Re: ASG AW .308 - Worth Upgrading?

If your after accuracy it's worth installing a tightbore (Prometheus or PDI) and a new hop rubber (hard firefly bucking). Another thing is too add barrel spacers, you can make your own or buy some, think Laylax sell some for £12. I highly recommend doing this as the inner barrel in my asg l96 wobbled around loads which reduces accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
      If your after accuracy it's worth installing a tightbore (Prometheus or PDI) and a new hop rubber (hard firefly bucking). Another thing is too add barrel spacers, you can make your own or buy some, think Laylax sell some for £12. I highly recommend doing this as the inner barrel in my asg l96 wobbled around loads which reduces accuracy
      Do you still use the ASG now? I'm concerned that upgrading mine will be pointless if the quality of the ASG brand is lower than others - don't want to waste money! =D

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Comment

I never actually skirmished mine, they are good snipers but I personally wouldn't shell out on a load of upgrades. I would buy a tm vsr if your serious about sniping and upgrading one will be money well spent. If your just going to snipe every now and again just keep the l96. I sold mine and bought a tm vsr

Comment

ASG stuff is rebranded other stuff - they dont make anything themselves (except possibly their bbs), saying that I'm not sure who makes the l96 that they then rebrand... - parts should be readily upgradeable
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

As above. My ASG glock 17 for example is rebranded KWA.

Upgrades will be easy to find.
            “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

If ASG clones the Well L96 would it be wrong to assume they share the same traits where reliability is concerned?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AnkleSpankle Find out more about AnkleSpankle
              Working...
              X