AEG under £320

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG under £320

hi guys i was wondering if anyone can advise on the best ar style aeg for under or near 320 quid
    im not really looking for a cqb .. but o do want something with a r.i.s
    so far i have seen
    KWA
    King Arms

and they are the only really one that seem promising
    what are your personal pref ??

P.S i already have a g3 upgraded to the teeth but i want something a bit smaller but can still push out distance
    i dont mind spending 200 on the gun and 120 on upgrades

Re: aeg under £320

take a loo kat G&P mate some cracking quality aeg's but kwa is also a great brand

Comment

KWA SR-10. Bought mine for £290 and its pushing out to 55m easily with 0.25's and I have done nothing to it. Getting hold of one in the UK is very hard though.
      The SR7 Devgru is also a great gun, 7 inch rail system up front, looks like an M4 CQBR, but id imagine it can still reach out to a good distance. Both of these AEGs have a retractable crane stock so you can fit a large 2600mAH LiPo in there, either a 7.4/11.1v and still be able to collapse the stock if needed.
      sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Go G&P. You will not regret it.
        If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

g&p are very good, but add in cost for a new hop rubber and nub (TM rubber and element H nub work well). Out the box range is a bit poor on examples I have worked on. Doing the above mods near doubled the range. Some say Madbull hop units don't fit in G&P uppers but not tried this. ASCU units work well though.

The g&g guns ive worked on were OK for the price but the mech box shells i have worked on had the screw threads on the opposite side which is just odd.

ICS split gear box M4s are also good, but i found that thread locking the barrel grub screws is needed ( the last tme I knew the barrel was two part).
          Ares QD spring mech boxes are also good and as its an AR at least you can get after market parts as spares backup from Ares is nonexistent.
          For the price range I would stick with g&p though.

Comment

G&P, lots of available spares, good build quality.

Comment

King arms m4. Needs a spring change (mine was 370 fps) but has rock solid externals and internals (high torque motor and steel gears). Has a working bolt release and the finish is perfect. And if your upgrading the grip/stock etc then you can buy the transparent version for £155. I'm currently using one for my dmr project and I love it.

Comment

+1 on the King Arms M4, I have one done a small amount of work to it (mosfet, barrel, hop rubber/nub, spring guide, correct angle of engagement) and it's been a brilliant gun.

G&G F2000's are nice guns, if a little heavier than your m4 and a little picker with mags but good range, adjustable fps and something a little different.

Comment

G&P do make incredible M4's, so much variety as well you can't go wrong. The only thing that possibly needs changing is like others have said, the hop is a bit dodgy out of the box, but a tenner for a new rubber and nub fixes that!

Comment

If you are going to import from HK some things to be aware of:

Postage costs can be high
                    Customs charges + VAT will have to be paid (There has been a recent clamp down it seems)
                    If you have problems, be prepared to fix it yourself.

I'd look at buying from this country unless the item is very hard to get over here. Don't forget you also get some form of warranty with goods purchased in this country.

Comment

Stick with KWa, the gearbox is far superior to the g&p stock box, and the spate of spur gear faliures with this and last years g&p's makes the industry believe corners are starting to be cut with g&p's internal parts quality...

ASG used to sell the KWA range of M4's branded as Lewis Machine tools Defender series, same gun, but better markings rather than the cack KWA print on the side... a quick search will find some still in stock with certian retailers, not many though, ASG and KWA have fallen out... lol

As for the argument "go for G&P, plenty of spares"... its an M4, they ALL have plenty of aftermarket spares, thats why they are an M4, both brands use a v2 box, so are cross compatible Only thing with the KWa is it uses a two piece hop, but dont let that put you off, its a great unit and with the V hop rubber, stock out of the box the range is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
                        King arms m4. Needs a spring change (mine was 370 fps) but has rock solid externals and internals (high torque motor and steel gears). Has a working bolt release and the finish is perfect. And if your upgrading the grip/stock etc then you can buy the transparent version for £155. I'm currently using one for my dmr project and I love it.
                        hi i have a king arms M8 did you have any issue with the gun firing automatic?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                        X