Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Have I made a big Mistake / Need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I made a big Mistake / Need advice.

Hi so Ive been playing airsoft and for Christmas I decided sod I am buying myself some gear. Originally I Limited myself to a small budget which has increased due to recent events. First off I bought a Blackwater 1911 wich I loved right up until the point the mags i bought start to leak the gun kept feeding multiple balls into chamber and snapped something. Returned to shop which has done it upmost to keep me happy. Anyway no quick fix for gun no additional mags available in store so took it a store credit and added to it and bought a King Arms OA-15 M8 which feels so solid and durable, three hours out of shop no single shot instead I spray full automatic fire around the room, end of my game!!! Brought it to store whihc they fixed same day!!! Which Cooled my temper! Got gun home fired three shots and low and behold it goes full auto on me again. So I now have the impending question what to do next. Shop have offered me full refund, store credit, another repair or any other gun off same or similar value. I honestly don't now what to do and am thinking this maybe a bad hobby to get involved in! Im not stupid enough to think all these guns should work perfectly having many been made in the far east or abroad and are not subject to the same quality control as UK and Europe! Even so im not happy with my luck so far. So I basically want some help what should I do!! Is it worth repairing or should or can I upgrade it so help over come the faults im having or are there any makes model in particular that excell above the all I have around three hundred pounds to play with so please any details advice would be greatly appreciated

Re: Have I made a big Mistake

As always there are better brands in a hobby/sport.
    It depends what you want with your budget, is the 300 just for a rif or for loadout gear as well.

As far as better brands go, tokyo marui, g&p, ICS and g&g are all good and pretty reliable but of course its your preference others may recommended other brands.

Hope this helps

Comment

Jojo24 - welcome to the hobby, it can be frustrating at times (and everyone has had a gun with issues).

For your first gun it's probably worth getting an AEG (like your king arms one - shame that didnt work, king arms are a good brand!) - i dont know who makes the airsoft blackwater 1911 (except the kwc co2 one that clocks in at 425fps and so isnt site legal in the uk).

For your first gun you should be looking for a reliable brand such as G&P, G&G, Classic Army etc - I've not heard anything about the King Arms 0A-15, but it sounds like you have a lemon of a gun there.

I'd suggest you have a browse/search of this forum by using the search bar to get an idea for what people class as good reliable guns. A brand new KA rifle shouldnt be going full auto on you all by itself, and i doubt they "fixed" it if it did it again 3 shots later.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

lol, find another shop!

Blackwater are a cybergun rebrand

Comment

On a budget of 300 your going to want an AEG, some boots, some eye protection, a decent charger and a couple batteries, plus a couple of extra magazines.

AEG wise Id reccomend something like a Cyma AK(one of the newer ones mind), or an SRC. Not the best on the market but solid and reliable. That would leave you with a healthy amount of money for the extra things needed.

Unfortunately things do break alot in airsoft....Ive gone through stages where Ive had no issues for months, and then everything goes wrong in one week. Just the way of airsoft Im afraid. Its definately worth sticking with it though, if you can afford the hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
            lol, find another shop!

Blackwater are a cybergun rebrand
            I think that may be a wise choice the blackwater has been gone!!! I have looked around and thought King Arms was a good reliable brand!!!! However Im thinking off just pulling out altogether I cant be doing with all this hassle and aside from that I dont live near a store the one i have been going to is nearly an hour away from me!!!! Is the king arms worth upgrading? I have sen a magpul beta project tactical Ak that I like but cant find any reviews on the gun

Comment

300 is just for the rif!!!

Comment

Look toward the budget range of a solid manufacturer.

I rate Classic Army as i have had several over the years with the minimum of fuss. They have a "sportline" section, which are essentially the same guns, but with plastic bodies instead of metal. They are cheaper, but decent.

Another option is to go a Chinese clone such as JG (Jing Gong). Out of the box these are hit and miss, but a good retailer will sell you one and strip, service, rebuild etc for less than other brands could cost. You will then have a decent, affordable AEG that is compatible with the majority of other brands so you have the freedom to shop around for accessories...

You will also have some spare cash too, which should be spent on:
                Good quality eye / face protection
                Boots (second hand or Army surplus (or ebay) )
                One or two spare magazines (try to cut a deal with the retailer, or trawl the classifieds on this forum)
                A spare battery is a good idea too.

A decent retailer will sort you out with everything you NEED within that budget. Not everything you WANT!

Comment

I already have plenty of protection gear GF wasnt to happy with me getting into this so went over protective> Im aware off additional equipment such as batteries etc I have set a budget of three hundred just for my primary weapon i have 150 for any extras i need or want!!!!

Comment

£300 for an AEG... the world is practically your oyster my friend.

King Arms are normally pretty sweet so maybe you just got unlucky, but Classic Army, TM, G&P are higher quality ones in my opinion...... time to fire up Google!

Comment

yeah maybe your right about the amount off guns in my price range I have even thought about pushing the boat out and getting the kris vector but its gas so not sure!!! wouldnt mind upgrading this gun if its going to fix my problem on the shops coin off course which they have already agreed to just due to the external build quality its heavy and solid as hell!!!! all metal and just feels comfy!! only problems is I dont know enough about internals or what is should get to upgrade what I have got!!! maybe google will get a run out!!! also can stcoks which have batteries in the be changed its the only loose part on the gun if i choose to keep it?

Comment

Re: Have I made a big Mistake / Need advice.

Are you only interested in a brand new gun?

From what you've said you have £300 for the gun alone and then £150 for batteries mags etc.

If you look on here at 2nd hand packages you will get batteries and mags etc with it, so theoretically you can pick up a £450 package off the classifieds.

For £450 you can pick up a very decent gun. I bought my TM Sopmod for £460 with 6 mags, 2 batteries, 553 holo sight and rail covers.

Just thought it worth a mention that you will get a lot more for your money on the forums.

Good luck

Spike

Comment

If you're having problems with pistols and want a 1911 then get one of the Tokyo Marui range as they make loads of different types. They are reliable, perform well and parts are always easily available that don't cost a bomb - I highly doubt you'd regret it.

Comment

Lol, nothing like bad luck eh! Was the Blackwater a KJW? Have heard they can be a little temperamental but you defo got a lemon. The king arms should do you well, maybe think about an ascu to 'digitise' the trigger- would most definately solve the issue and be an awesome upgrade too, plus the shop should discount it for you out of courtesy.
                            Otherwise, without spending more money- get the shop to sort it, they have [i think] 28 days from when the problem was mentioned to guarantee it works as it should, or they have to give you a new one.
                            Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                            If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

The blackwater 1911 is KJW FYI
                              Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonjo24 Find out more about jonjo24
                              Working...
                              X