S10 respirator pouch / plce webbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S10 respirator pouch / plce webbing

I am having real trouble with my S10 pouch or minimi pouch how ever you look at it, it hands really low anyone know how to try and lift it up so it sits the same height as teh rest of the pouches??. and I feel there isnt enough room for it alongside the other pouches I have at the mo I have 2x double ammo pouch 1 water bottle pouch 1 utility pouch and the the S10 pouch. please help, its driving me up the wall.
    Pudding...

Re: S10 respirator pouch / plce webbing

Pics? From memory the respirator pouches are an absolute farce. Have you set your webbing up correctly? (ARRSE have a good article on it).
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

webbing.jpgI forgot to mention, where you see it sitting lower than the other pouches, it also pulls the belt around, so it wont sit flush against my back, and does the same with the hip-pads. there was a bungee attached but, i was messing around with it to see what I could do.
      Pudding...

Comment

Your respirator haversack shouldn't go on the webbing... Which pouch have you got? A Minimi pouch or haversack?

If there isn't enough room you could just lose the minimi pouch and use the utility pouch instead?

Sounds like your webbing haven't been set up correctly....

Comment

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/photos/dpwgm1ax500c.jpg This is what I have. I had a friend set it up for me who is in the military. I dont want to take it all apart and try do it myself, I think it would end up worse!
          Pudding...

Comment

It looks like a haversack to me....it shouldn't go on the PLCE webbing that's why it's really uncomfortable...

Personally, ditch the haversack and get a utility pouch instead.
            Should be able to just unbuckle the buttons and slide it right off.

Comment

I have the m249 is all, so I needed a pouch big enough to be able to get a box into it, if I went and got a minimi pouch, would it be a lot better for me? and just not bother with the respirator pouch at all
              Pudding...

Comment

I believe it'll be a lot better, since it will be a lot smaller than the haversack in height (10cm)... oh and I have yet to meet anyone in the forces who sticks a haversack in their webbing...

(quoted from a surplus store online)
                Size of minimi pouch: 23x19x9 cm
                Size of haversack: 25 x 29 x 11 cm

Can't you just try and stick the box into the utility pouches - if you can pull it off I can only imagine it being more versatile?
                Last edited by wo6873; 7 January, 2013, 15:12. Reason: Monged it

Comment

I will give it a go see how it turns out, thanks very much for the help!
                  Pudding...

Comment

whenever i was with a unit that made you put the resi pouch on webbing i would put it on my right hip just behind the double ammo/utility; further round than you have it. i would then run a bungie round the inside (never bothered with the hippo pad but may soon). this seemed to keep it under control mostly. it's very easy to swap the pouches around and i'm sure you tube/arrse will have guides if your not confident.

hope this helps mate
                    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

Running a bungie/issue utility strap through the lower loops of the pouches on the inside of your webbing works wonders on keeping it all neat and "no flappy"
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

StFoulis007 Find out more about StFoulis007
                      Working...
                      X