new and need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new and need some advice

Hi I'm new to airsoft had my first game a fue weeks ago and loved it I'm going to get my licence but I can't hellp myself shoping not buying of corse but I need some advice on wot to get I love the TM scar H or the TM scar L not shure there is a lot of difference between the two but I will admit I don't know a lot about wot I need batterys or any extras I will need thanks for any advice you all can give me.

Re: new and need some advice

Hello mate, welcome to the sport and to these forums.

This section (advice and new players) is awash with threads such as this one. For just general starting-the-sport advice, i'd recommend simply scrolling through and reading every thread you can find which seems to apply.

For advice regarding the VCRA/UKARA and the endless issues it seems to cause, there's a sub-section at the top of the page which will answer all your queries.

If you have any more specific questions about particular guns, local sites, gear etc, then pop them in here or use the search function in the top right to see whether your question has been answered before.

Hope that helps you out a bit. As far as the two TM models you've mentioned go, there is no difference internally. They accept different sized mags as the real life versions are chambered in different calibers. If you give whichever shop you want to buy the gun from a ring they should be able to recommend you a suitable battery. Apart from that the important things are decent eye protection, decent footwear and a good attitude.

Good luck!

Comment

I'm actually stunned that the first reply to this was helpful and well written and didn't just point out that there is no such thing as an airsoft 'licence' before proceeding to slate his awful spelling and use (or lack thereof) of grammar.

OP, I'd listen to plainlazy44's excellent advice. Oh, and there is no such thing as an airsoft 'licence' and your spelling and use (or lack thereof) of grammar is awful.
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Curse you Longshot!

You stole my job!
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by overfeind View Post
          I need some advice on wot to get.
          Grammar lessons?

Anyway, there's a lot of information available on countless threads, it'll be better for you to read those as you'll get more information there than I can give (and people tend to get a bit annoyed with new threads about already covered topics.)

The general information on those threads though will basically be attend your 3 games in 2 months, get UKARA, then buy one of the G&G Combat Machines as they make great first guns that are a great price, quality and will last you a long time, as well as letting you get experience with owning a RIF before buying something more expensive. Then buy yourself batteries, a decent charger and some spare mags (can be got altogether for around £200 someone worked out in another thread) and get playing the game.

Sorry if I haven't answered your exact question or not given you exactly what you were looking for, but you will really benefit from reading some other threads about essentially the same topic and then asking if you still need some information.
          Equally, if you've done that and your dead set on getting a Scar, do some research, check reviews and see what's best for you.

Comment

Thank you for your help I know there is no licence I just cud not rember the proper name for the UKARA.
            As for the spellings and grammar that has and will always be a thorn in my side du to my dyslexia thanks again.

Comment

Use spell check then...
              If there is a shop local to you then go have a chat with them. That way you can have a feel and see whats good for you, also they can help with a whole 'starter pack' to make sure you get started on the right foot. There are better ways of shopping than doing everything online sometimes.

Comment

Not 100% sure, but I think the main difference between the 2 Scars is that the "L" uses M4/M16 mags, and the "H" uses M14 mags.
                If that is correct, the "L" would probably be better as you'll not need to buy different mags when you inevitably buy an M4/M16 variant, and there's more variety in M4 mag pouches, etc.

Comment

Scar L is 'light' (real steel equals NATO 5.56)
                  The H is obviously 'heavy' (NATO 7.62).
                  I think the Airsoft scar H uses SR25 mags, although I might be wrong.
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Mag compatability all depends on the manufacturer of the Scar-H. TM will only take the proper TM mags (recoil), The VFC will take VFC and ares M14 mags (if I remember correctly), The CA Scar H will take CA, G&P and Magpul SR25 Mags.

I remember having to do a fair bit of googling to find out. Best thing to do is to phone the shop you want to buy from and ask about Magazine compatability.

But the clever thing to do would be to go for the SCAR-L. Most manufacturers will accept most Stanag magazines so you don't have to worry about will it/won't it fit issues.

Hope that helps.
                    Last edited by Pricey; 8 January, 2013, 13:25.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

overfeind Find out more about overfeind
                    Working...
                    X