Battery Help for G&G MP5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Help for G&G MP5

Hey guys, so I am buying a G&G TGM Q6, and I was wondering what type of battery I should be using for it. I am limited to the space in the shroud/grip, as it has a retractable stock. It's a very nice gun with a high torque 1600rpm motor, silver plated wiring, etc. My question is....which one of these should I go for?

a) 7.4V LiPO 2100mAh
    b) 9.4V 1600mAh Ni-MH Mini Type
    c) Anything else you can think of that is better than either of these and will fit inside the shroud?

Any help would be appreciated.
    TM > JG

sigpic

Re: Battery Help for G&G MP5

i was just told about liFe batteries there supposed to be safer to use than the lipos but offer almost identical power output not to sure of the sizes so opefuly so one with more knowledge on the subject will chip in.

(also note not all chargers support LiFe batteries)
    sigpic
    Take Your Hit

Comment

I am assuming you mean an 8.4v Nimh, since I've never heard of an 8.6 and a 9.6 wouldn't fit.

Go with a 7.4 Lipo and you will only need upwards of a 1300Mah to last all day, Unless your finger is welded to the trigger!

Comment

i have the same gun and run a 7.4v lipo 1450 20c battery in it

Comment

Yeah, sorry I meant the 9.6V NiMH battery. It's by Intellect. And you don't reckon it will fit? That would be a shame. Wrobin, do you have the measurements of the space within the shroud for the battery?

No one had any bad experiences with lipos then? I would just suck it in and by a lipo, but after watching a review on Youtube (available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFcyM0PMRqk) I have seen that the lipos he used weren't good enough to power it (as can be seen from 4:35), and so I was leaning towards NiMHs. Your thoughts?
          TM > JG

sigpic

Comment

No, No, No. Complete nonsense, a 7.4v Lipo of above 900mah has the equivelant power output of an 8.4v Nimh, which is exactly the battery the MP5 AEG's are supposed to take. I have run M4's/M16's, MP5's and G3's on 7.4v 800mah lipos all day without any trouble, the same battery has lasted me a day and a half without any issues. Lipos are like anything else, look after them and they will look after you.

Don't believe the hype!

Comment

Thanks for your help, guys. What would you say to a 7.4V 2200mAh 35C LiPo? Sound good?
              TM > JG

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi14 View Post
                Thanks for your help, guys. What would you say to a 7.4V 2200mAh 35C LiPo? Sound good?
                ^
                ^
                ^
                Question.

Answer.
                v
                v
                v
                Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
                a 7.4v Lipo of above 900mah has the equivelant power output of an 8.4v Nimh, which is exactly the battery the MP5 AEG's are supposed to take.

Comment

Alright, alright. I'm just not too familiar with batteries and wanted to know if it was okay, and I was more referring to the "c" number. But thanks anyway.
                  TM > JG

sigpic

Comment

The C rating is a little high for my personal liking (all my lipos are either a 15 or 20C) but aslong as you don't think a burst consists of 30+ rounds then you'll be fine.

Comment

A 7.4v 1300mah 20c lipo will last you more than a day without any trouble. Remeber, most of us do know what we are talking about and some of us have ten years plus experience of playing the game.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shinobi14 Find out more about shinobi14
                      Working...
                      X