Citadel paints, yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Citadel paints, yay or nay?

Now the Pope is taking the Piss, I'm going to the press....

Comment

not a very religious Pope eh? :P
      Don't forget to submit feedback! http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php

Comment

Well, he was in the Hitler youth you know

Comment

Don't use Citadel paints, have you seen how much they cost lately?

You can use them but you would have to apply them in thin coats and you would need to protect them with some kind of varnish. its a lot of hassle

Easier to just get Krylon

Comment

One of the reasons why i switched to Wargames Foundry paints years ago, about half the price (its usually on sale in the store at a massive discount) of citadel for twice as much in a pot... thicker pigment and comes in a base, shade and highlight for each colour.

Strangely enough... just like 80s citadel paint when it was decent

Comment

See that's why I switched to tamiya paints, although I do have a vast collection of vallejo paints, three thousand and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
                See that's why I switched to tamiya paints, although I do have a vast collection of vallejo paints, three thousand and counting!
                And i bet you still end up mixing paints to get the correct colour

I really need to get motivated an paint the rest of my models, Bloody Kobolds

Comment

I still mix colours up but its tons easier with the foundry three shade system, especially if you're painting large ammounts or going back to stuff you started ages ago.

Occasionally their three tone thing is a bit iffy and one colour really doesnt sit well on another but usually they are spot on.

Also,like vallejo, they are sensibly named like 'US army olive drab' , 'british webbing green' 'german camo sand' etc.

Rather than 'nauseating blue'

I found vallejo brilliant for mixing shades with the bottle droppers but *really* easy to wear off things and needing a lot of varnish to stay on a mini. also a very 'dry' finish which was great for painting wwii wool battledress and the like but looks crap on tanks at 1/72 scale.

Comment

Slight drift here but does the krylon/halfords option work well on webbing? I'm getting a ddpm rig that I may decide to customise a little
                    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

Krylon, works okay on webbing as the name might suggest Krylon....Nylon.

Comment

Originally posted by fangsnatcher View Post
                        Slight drift here but does the krylon/halfords option work well on webbing? I'm getting a ddpm rig that I may decide to customise a little
                        you can but it takes a lot of paint to cover it, I tried it with a viper pistol holster and it never covered very well.

You should be able to get some Fabric pain,that would be easier,Just make sure that it will work on Cordura/nylon

Comment

I used some krylon on this rig (originally it was tan) and I think it turned out quite nice, so I'd reccomend Krylon for webbing:

Comment

Whatever you do dont try and use normal primer/undercoat. I tried to get a CBA armour vest black for an event once and it took about three coats to cover the DPM and then it stunk and was pretty stiff

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ProfHappyCat Find out more about ProfHappyCat
                            Working...
                            X