WE M4/416 Compatability???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE M4/416 Compatability???

RA-Tech HK416 should be arriving on my door in a few weeks.

Will be wanting to change the stock, among possibly a few other things. Not a huge fan of the LE stock.
    Am i right in thinking i can just get a RS drop in stock without any modifications???

Was looking at the FAB Defence stocks (No magpul wil ever go near any of my guns).
    One that intruiged me was the survival M4 stock which holds a 10rnd M4 magazine.
    Do you reckon providing RS stocks fit, that a WE magazine would fit in the stock??? Or would the feed lips cause problems... or even wrong dimensions???

Any other stocks available in the UK?
    Can only find CAA, VLTOR and FAB Defence. Not really wanting to import, buy magpul or pay stupid amounts just for a new stock :P

Thanks
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Re: WE M4/416 Compatability???

Real steel stocks will fit as the 416 is made to real steel specs. (as are all WE GBBR's tbh)

Not sure if the WE M4 'nam mags would fit in the stock, you would have to get one and try it I'm afraid. It might be possible to modify the stock if it doesn't fit anyway.

I'd be interested to know, either way! :D
    Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

I'd say no on the mag fitting as the feed lips are going to get in the way.

But as said any Milspec stock will fit no probs.

Comment

Ah ok cheers.

Might go for the standard FAB Defence or maybe splash out on a VLTOR.

Comment

I don't mean to thread Hijack, but would a full length mag fit in that stock?

Depending on how it works it could be made to fit - depending on how you have the stock positioned you could cut a small piece from the back of the stock tube - it's not like you need to put a battery inside it or anything.
          Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

I don't know, looking at it even modifying it the feed lips are going to be right in the groove of the stock tube.

However saying that I know from modding E-mags to fit my L85 that real mags need 5mm cutting off the top for them to fit in the WE L85, so that 5mm could make all the difference.

The way to be 100% certain would be to place a RS M4 mag side by side with a WE M4 mag lining up the mag catch groove.

Comment

You modded E-mags? I'm in the process of doing that right now and can't get the damn WE mag cores to fit inside - the shape of the mag cores is different to the E-mags, and all I need to do is get the core inside the shell, the rest is done.

How did you manage it?

Comment

To get it in I had to file the living day lights out of it, and still it was tighter than a ducks chuff!!

But I fluffed it up by cutting too much off the top.

Oh and a heads up RS E-mags have so much mag well play that my first shot blew the mag out of the gun as the mag catch didn't "catch" 100%

If your doing it on anything other than an L85 I'd go with pre converted P-mags.

That's what has to be done to a P-mag

Comment

Already done that much Tisane, but the bugger still wont fit! I'll have another go later.

I know there's a lot of mag wobble, I've cased it out already. :D

Comment

Yeah the feeding lips do seem like they could be a problem.

Might be cool just having a magazine with some inert rounds in it possibly if i decide to get it anyway.
                    Looks kinda cool and is still fairly cheap compared to other RS stocks.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tariq182 Your local Gamer, Airsofter, Biker and Bassist! Engineer. Find out more about Tariq182
                    Working...
                    X