X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBB Glock 18c Troubles... again

Hi all,

Got a KSC Glock 18c and it's playing up again. Basically i've fitted the metal slide, metal barrel and enhanced recoil spring, put it back together fired off a couple of shots on single. I swapped to full auto and pulled the trigger, but the gas just vented out the end. So I took the mag out and went to rack the slide, but it's stuck in place. And cos it vented when i pulled the trigger, it's stuck in the safety position so i can't move the slide off forwards and i can't pull it back either.

Anyone had this problem before? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Will
    TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
    Tokyo Marui P90
    HFC M9 Special Forces
    KSC Glock 18c

Re: GBB Glock 18c Troubles... again

I have the same gun and I have had the same problem.

Firstly the venting is normally down to dry seals. So get the silicon out make sure the valve is clean and lubed up this normally sorts mine out. The sticky slide is a real pain! The only way I got mine lose was a few short sharp taps with a plastic hammer whilst giving the slide a bit of a wiggle. I am not suggesting you do this to your gun :eek: I am just saying that's what I did to get mine moving again.

There was a very good guide to these by the Philippians on one of their forums I will try and find it for you. Another trick from there was to solve the other sticky slide problem. Sometimes after re-fitting the slide barrel etc you rack the slide and it sticks and then slides forward, or it sticks and you rattle the barrel to get it moving. If this happens or if this has happened when you get the barrel out take some 1000 grade wet n dry to the fake port cover along the edges. A giveaway is to look at the underside of the slide are there scratches gauge's just in front of the opening? If so smooth down the metal (very lightly) with the 1000 grade until this stops.

Will try and find that guide.

Comment

Thanks mate, appreciate it

It looks like the part of the barrel with the markings on you can see when the breach is closed isn't lowering down enough? I'm not sure how this is caused or how to fix it but the fact the trigger is stuck in the safety position is a royal pain. Is there any way to trigger it at all?

Army Armament L85A1
      Tokyo Marui P90
      HFC M9 Special Forces
      KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Again this answer is not very er, technical but it may help. For some reason and I really don't no why, after cleaning the 18c and reassembling it mine does exactly the same thing! I take it apart check for debris and then rebuild it and its fine :eek:

The conclusion I have come to is that when the barrel assembly is replaced and the spring guide re set just the tinniest amount of play in either piece either to high or two low is enough to make the whole damn thing stick. But I can not for the love of Yoda! find out why it does this.

I am currently try to get my pistol to lock up the same as your so I can try and find a solution. I will get back to you if I manag e it.

Comment

Alright mate, thanks yeah that's what happens to me as well, only this time it fired once so when it vented the gas out so the trigger mech is stuck in safety so i can't move the slide off forward to disassemble it at all. Is there any way to disengage the safety? Thanks

Army Armament L85A1
          Tokyo Marui P90
          HFC M9 Special Forces
          KSC Glock 18c

Comment

somtimes its due to the recoil spring falling out of palce at the front and causes the gun to stay stuck back

Comment

Sorted it out! I just gave it one big whack with my hand where the rail is and it must've loosened it up and now it works like new! Thanks for all your help guys

Army Armament L85A1
              Tokyo Marui P90
              HFC M9 Special Forces
              KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Brute force For The Win... :D:D:D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Will_0 Find out more about Will_0